cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass parameter to Planning Function SAP BW Ip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to pass one formula variable value which is selected during query execution to the planning function. Please advise how we can pass parameter (not filter or restriction through variable )to planning function.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can write a Customer Exit Variable first which will not return any value but update the Variable you want in a temporary table say TVARV.

Then you can read this variable in Planning function.

Drawbacks of this approach are you must have a ABAP based planning function and multiple instances of your planning function and Query combination will not be running successfully.

Please let me know if you need any more clarifications.

Thanks,

Puneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

I am using ABAP Class based planning function, my problem is that I am not restricting characteristic by the value which I want. I just want the entered value of that dummy variable in the planning function. So that I can apply condition

Abhishek2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

You can get formula variable value using two ways..

1. Write custom exit variable which will read formula variable value and this variable can be used in planning function.

2. If you are using FOX formula planning function, then u can get formula variable value using expression VARV(formula variable name).

Thanks,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which UE you use ? (WAD, Analyser, AO, Design Studio) ...

You mean "formula variable", not characteristic variable value ?

BR,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use SAP BusinessObjects Analysis Edition for Microsoft Office.

Yes its not characteristic value variable because I need it as dummy value to select, hence I think to make it formula variable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need it as dummy variable because I need to use it in planning function logic to check some conditions.