cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM BCM Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are implementing SAP Contact Center with CRM Integration.
We are looking at the functionality where in a user can start chat sessions with multiple users at a single time(this is like GROUP CHAT that can be done on SKYPE).

Can anyone please tell me if they have implemented this functionality.

Thanks,

Bhargava.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member202106
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargava,

As Dawood said there is a function for conference type of chat in ICI. But when we speak about SAP Contact Center the case is that we are not using the funtion. In SAP Contact Center chat is always one to one type of.

The sad news is that there is no workaround - or at least I don't have any ideas. Enabling the function in SAP Contact Center would need coding effort and currently it is not planned.

Regards,
Jukka Suhonen
SAP Contact Center team

former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jukka,

thanks you for confirming my suspicion - I was just about to write a small code to test additional INVITE to an existing CHAT session.

Maybe the OII documentation can have this limitation mentioned .

Best regards,

Dawood.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Jukka.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jukka and Dawood.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone else suggest, if there are any option or alternative solutions for my requirement.

Thanks,

Bhargava.

former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhargava,

I am afraid this is not supported in CCtr. Although the general ICI specification allows this (methods IciChatSession_join, IciChatSession_conference), in OII specifications (CCtr's implementation of ICI) is said (table ChatSession capabilities):

ID: 302

Capability: Join an existing chat session not signaled via event (not implemented)

Method: IciChatSession_join

Id: 303

Capability: Start a conference chat session (not implemented)

Method: IciChatSession_conference

But maybe somenbody has found a workaround and will share it with us.

Regards,

Dawood.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. If was to Conference a session should already exist and I am right in saying that only one user can be added at a single time to the existing chat session.

Thanks,

Bhargava.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dawood,

Can you please share any code that you have written to create a chat session and conference more users into it.

Thanks,

Bhargava.

former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhargava,

I am afraid you have got me wrong. I believe that CCtr support only chat with 2 participants. The methods I was refering to are from ICI specification document for CCtr (OII). The methods are defined by generic ICI description but CCtr does not implement them. Maybe some other communication product does.

These four documents (together with SAPphone specification and RDI specification) are really key documents when it comes to a deep investigation of CCtr-CRM integration.

In standalone CCtr, group chat is also not supported, check here: Chat - SAP Contact Center - SAP Library .

It would be a nice feature, though...

Sorry for bad news :-(...

Regards,

Dawood.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Dawood. I got you wrong and thanks for correcting.

There is another method that INVITE and ICI documentation says that we can use a particular method 'IciChatSession_Invite', is that also not implemented by SAP Contact Center (BCM).

It would be great if you share some code to create the BCB item and the sessions. I need it for some other requirements.

Thanks,

Bhargava.