cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Tax model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

can you help me with a step by step guide for creating a employer tax model?

thanks

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I setup reciprocity and it worked.

Regards

Shyla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try checking the below link and see if it helps.

Taxability Model - US

Regards

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha

I would lilke to know how to setup an employee when residence and work area are different (i.e. residence in NY- $50 per pay period and work CT - $35 per pay period).

We want to return $15 to NY. How should this be handled in SAP.

Thanks

Shyla

former_member186776
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

I hope below mention Wiki will help you out.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/Taxability+Model

Regards,

Siraj.

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu ,

Below aer the processing steps:

Tax Types :   Each type of tax has been assigned a 2 digit code, and is called as tax type.
These are maintained in the table T5UTT. It may be with holding tax , Employee SS ,Emploer SS, Medicare....

Tax Authority and Tax Model

First we assign to each Tax Authority a Tax Model. At this point a tax model can be any 3 character numeric. Table T5UTE,  Then for each of the tax model, we have various combinations which are based on, the Infotypes (0207, 0208, and 0209), value of the tax modifier for the employee, and value of the processing class 71 for the wage type.

For a combination of these, we need to assign a Tax Combo, in Table T5UTM and For for each of these tax combos we assign the applicable tax types. Table T5UTY.

Payroll Schema wise :  UTXO: Tax Processing is main schema in US payroll.

1. Function UPAR1 with parameter BSI controls BSI Version
  2. BSI tax factory is that integrated with US Payroll and takes care of Federal,State and local taxes
  3. BSI handles tax polices, tax  rates and annual tax changes and may be FUTA,SUI and SUTA rates
  4. BSI sends tax update bulletins (TUBS) to their customers on a regular basis.
  5. Function USTAX passes control to BSI and brings back tax realted  technical wages from BSI.
  6. Tax related technical types starts from /401,/402..
  7. Generated in BSI and sent o payroll schema when processing the above function.
  8. Standard rule UPTX separates tax amounts for each of tax authorities
  9. Infotype 207 , 208 have a multiple tax authorities and levels (federal,state and local).

Hope you clear now.

Regards

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Have you gone through the community?, Anyways given below is the explanation:

1.  The processing class 71 Specification controls the Taxing part of a Wage type.

2. You give a specification in 71 and in Tax Model table (T5UTE) find out your authority and its model and set a combo for that specification in T5UTM, the tax combo can be two digit code.

3. The combo is then specified with the Tax types to be taxed in table T5UTY, where you can select the employer tax types only then the WT will be considered with ER Taxes.

BR
Upen