cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Classification extractor - Replicating in BW Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I added a new field to Material Classfication extractor 1CL_0MAT001 using CTBW in ECC. The field is added, I tested in RSA3 also without any issues. But after I replicated the datasource in BW, the transformation from the datasource 1CL_0MAT001 -> IOBJ 0MATERIAL got inactivated. When I tried to activate the transformation, I got errors in the start routine because of missing fields. So, when I compared the Production system against development, it appears 1CL_0MAT001 is missing 2 fields ZACC_STYLE and ZVC_MATERIAL in BW.

I checked RSA6 and CTBW for 1CL_0MAT001 in both Dev and Prod and did not notice any difference in the fields. I am not sure how BW is getting those 2 additional fields. Could you please let me know if I am doing something wrong? Please find attached the 2 fields in BW from Production. These 2 fields are missing from BW dev from the datasource 1CL_0MAT001 while all other fields are present.

Please let me know if you need additional information. Points will be awarded.

Thanks,

G.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I was looking at the wrong datasource in ECC, and so was the issue. Those 2 fields were hidden in RSA6 extract structure, and I made those unhidden. After replicating the DS to BW, I was able to map the new Infoobject and activate the transformation successfully.

Thanks for your help!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are these two fields are in the datasource in source systems both dev and prod? Can you check in RSA6 of your dev system if these two feilds are hidden? You can unhide them from RSA6 if that is the case.

Have you tried replicating again in DEV?

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

No these 2 fields are not even in RSA6 in Production. Wonder how they were made available in BW!

I tried replicating again but no use.

Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check and make sure the base application table structure is exactly same as development system. Because the class char data source is generated purely based on the source application table.  If there are any table structure changes not moved to prod yet and you try to move BW class related ECC DS and other transports you might have some inconsistency between dev and prod.

Regards

Srikanth KN

www.amplesoft.com