Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with releasing the Job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a situation where in the user is executing the report in background. Also, the user selects the job to be immediate and non periodic before hitting the save. But the job remains in schedule status even though it was suppose to be released immediately. And then he has to ask the support team to release that job for him. But he wants that job to be auto activated when he executes the report in background.

Can you please help me out with the issue. I asked my security team and they said that this is not the security problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Emma,

Refer to the below link where it shows that for Authorization object S_BTCH_ADM; Field BTCADMIN ; if the value is empty then user is Restricted to jobs in current client.

Ask you authorization team to assign the role SAP_BC_BATCH_ADMIN to the user.

Roles and Authorizations Used in Background Processing - SAP NetWeaver Security Guide - SAP Library

Regards,

Thanga

4 REPLIES 4

Fravie
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sneha,

sounds like an authorisation issue. Did the user try SU53 after submitting the job? Probably the "release job" authorisation is missing, which leads to the job being in status "scheduled".

Kind Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

I asked the user to do SU53 after submitting the job and this is what he get:

0 Kudos

It's an authorisation issue. In SU53 switch to text mode and copy all details and send them to your authorisation admin to extend the users authorisations to release jobs.

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Emma,

Refer to the below link where it shows that for Authorization object S_BTCH_ADM; Field BTCADMIN ; if the value is empty then user is Restricted to jobs in current client.

Ask you authorization team to assign the role SAP_BC_BATCH_ADMIN to the user.

Roles and Authorizations Used in Background Processing - SAP NetWeaver Security Guide - SAP Library

Regards,

Thanga