cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create data foundation for Cloud era Impala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to build universe on Cloudera Impala. I am able to connect to impala using a jdbc connection.

But, In data foundation layer, I am not able to see the impala tables.

when I click on the arrow beside the database name, it is not showing any tables? Is it due to compressed tables?

Any idea, how to get the tables to build data foundation.

Please guide me if anyone has build the universe on impala.

Thanks,

Satyam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're facing same issue. Is this issue resolved? If yes, could you please share the solution.

Many thanks,

Anitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anitha,

In my case, it is failed because of impala version. SAP BO 4.1 SP4 supports Impala 1.0.

But, we have higher version of impala.

Please check whether your impala version is 1.0 and BO platform version is SAP BO 4.1 SP4 or above (SP5 for now).

Thanks,

Satyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyam,

The driver being used is Cloudera Impala 1.0 Simba JDBC4. And BO version is 4.1 SP4.

Is this fine?

Many thanks,

Anitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We managed to get the tables show up by following the below changes. But the columns didn't show up still.

1. Place the .jar files related to the driver in the environment variable "CLASSPATH" of the client machine.

2. Add these jar file paths in hive.sbo under <ClassPath> of the particular driver.

3. Restart tomcat.

Any other jar files to be included?

Many thanks,

Anitha

former_member219634
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satyam

Please check that your BI version is BI4.1 SP4 or higher version and IMPALA version is 1.0 using as driver Simba Driver 1.0.0.1000.

Best Regards

Ines