cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sql Server instead of Sql Anywhere

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been looking for a while now, and I cant seem to find very much on this subject. I am installing a new install of Crystal Server 2013, but I want to use sql server, and not the default sybase "Sql Anywhere". So far I have learned that I need to create users and a DSN in order to connect to MSSQL. Is there not a detailed write up on this somewhere? I am worried that there are details that I am not aware of yet and it would be great to have the steps and suggestions for best practices. If someone knows of anything or has some best practices to share I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184468
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That's right, make sure it's a 64bit ODBC DSN that you create, the installer will query you for those details.  There is also a checking tool to make sure the user has the correct rights, but do cross reference with the documentation.

Just a quick google, here are a few:

(oracle) 

http://www.vynesolutions.com/installing-sap-business-objects-4-1-sp2-with-oracle-11g/

(sql)

Should give you enough of an overview. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!!

To recap...

Installing a different database wont be any different than it was for previous versions of BI.

I create 2 users in SQL Server - do they have to be mapped to a WinAD account for anything?

Create 1 Database each for CMS and AUD. Schemas dont matter right? like dbo.....

The install process connects to this and builds the structure that it needs?

former_member184468
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There's no AD impact here.  The CMS.exe process must be able to connect to the sql server, that's it.   It just needs a a clean DB table and the appropriate rights for that user.

You will want a separate DB for auditing and for the cms.   

During the install process, the creation of all the tables etc is done.   Behind the scenes, it runs

"cms.exe -reinitializedb ..." which creates everything.  You can also do this step of selecting a DB manually from the CCM (central managment console in your start menu). 

Answers (0)