cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Validation completed through Configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am converting our WDJava to WDAbap.  In doing so I have a requirement to allow the end user to maintain emergency contacts name and phone number only for a particular country.   I was assuming since I hit no error in back-end that portal would act the same way.  However when I edit a emergency contact I get a "Social Security number is invalid".  If I make the SS visible, I can enter and the process goes through just fine.

Is SAP standard to validate at two different levels the backend and ESS?  If so am I running up against a edit to a user structure which requires a social security number in the USA?  I don't want to have to maintain social security numbers especially for individuals that are emergency contacts.

Am I looking correctly at this scenario, it feels that this should be done through configuration.  Is my gut steering me correctly?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check decoupled info type framework config. You should be able to find (and change) the info type structure for the US version for what fields are mandatory. You

can also check/change the conversion class if needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christopher,

Apologies for not getting back with you sooner.

If I am understanding you correctly.  That would be at the info type level.  We have already enhanced the info type to not require a social security.  So the backend works as desired...When in IT-21 and SubType - EC01 (Emergency Contact 1) we have no field for Social Security.  We are able to add person into the subtype.

The issue occurs when you try to update in portal for example the phone number of Emergency contact 1.  It's throwing a "Social Security number is invalid".   I am trying to find where this validation is occurring so that I can either suppress the message or find what I need to do in the backend to not have this flag be raised.

Thanks for taking the time.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

first of all there should be no SSN field in emergency contact check the field properties what you have added to your above infotype in table V_T588MFPROPC ensure there is no SSN field or check your component configuration too, if you have added this by mistake the business check is called from backend PROG FP5U0E01 >. comes from here