Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data truncation in SUP 2.1.3 HWC application on iOS device

former_member196814
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have developed a HWC app on SUP 2.1.3 to get details of payment request but when data is displayed on device it is truncated.

On Ipad i can see the full data in the label field but data is truncated in iphone device. Itried increasing the number of lines of Label field but no sucess.

This is the screenshot from iPhone

This is the screenshot from iPad

I would request to suggest me how can i fix this on iPhone device so that full data can be seen inside the label box.

Regards

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196814
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your help and recommendation. I am able to resolve the issue by againg matching the attributes and validating the field size.

Regards

Rahul

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Good to hear you have resolved your issue. Please close this thread by marking solution as correct answer.

Regards,

JK

SCN Moderator

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member196814
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Andrew,

We are upgrading our system to 2.3.4 but this needs to be fixed and move to production before we start upgrade.

highly appreciate your attention and suggestion to resolve this issue.

former_member196814
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I increased the number of lines under the edit box advanced properties:

with this content size i am able to get full length data on iPAD but not on iPhone.

Thanks & Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Since 2.1.3 has reached end of mainstream maintenance (end of Sept. 2014), I would recommend that you give this a try with the latest 2.3 SP04 available in SAP Service Marketplace.

Thanks,

Andrew.

former_member196814
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Andrew for your recommendation and we will upgrade our server to 2.3.4.

Currently I am able to manage this issue by installing the latest HWC client on device from apppstore.

Regards

rahul

former_member196814
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I am currently working on a SUP HWC MBO based application using OData service. We are using SUP 2.1.3 with Odata service and created a MBO in SUP for the getting the details via Odata service on Gateway.

overview:

The Get_details Service i am using has one Date field which shows the Orignal Date when a particular approval/rejection request is created in the ECC system. When i execute this OData service on browser it gives me the correct Date of request creation as well as the output result in MBO is also correct and matches with the Backend entry.

Issue:

Date field data on Browser and MBO is same and correct but the date coming on the device is always showing the current day's date instead of the orignal date of request creation.

since i have validated that the data received till MBO is correct but getting manipulated when seen on the device(iOS & Android)

I would request your help on this issue.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using the Hybrid App Designer from 2.3.4 as well?

Thanks,

Andrew.

former_member196814
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Andrew currently i have to run this application using hybrid app designer using SUP 2.1.3.

Can you advice me some workaround on this Date issue that i have mentioned to you.

I would really appreciate your help on this. I tried properly matching the label with the attribute key amd also did some custom coding in custom.js file but no success.

below is the code i put in the file:

function customAfterShowScreen(screenToShow, screenToHide) {

if(screenToShow == "Item Details"){

document.getElementById(default_date).value="hbl_payrq_detail_crval_attribkey";

};

}

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would recommend you use the Hybrid App Designer from 2.3.4.  I can see from the code snippet above the JavaScript APIs have not even been upgraded (you don't have "hwc." in front of customAfterShowScreen).  This will just cause you extra work when you do upgrade, might as well do it now since 2.1.3 is not supported anymore.

If you are really set on debugging 2.1.3, you may wish to take a look at the MessageValueCollection when you get to your "Item Details" screen to see if you see the date in there.  However, this is not really recommended for the reasons stated above.

Thanks,

Andrew.

former_member196814
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I have upgraded server to SMP 2.3.4 and cureently using HWC client 2.3.4 on device.

I have also migrated the application developed on SUP 2.1.3 and now need to resolve this date issue.

Request you to guide and recommend solution to resolve this issue.

Regards

rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please share your 2.3.4 code snippet.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you increase the number of lines in the Label field?  A code snippet would be helpful.

Thanks,

Andrew.