Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing new Dialog Instance

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to install new dialog instance. But first we need to check in our current system whether we can able to increase performance w/o installing new one.

So basically i need to know what system checks i need to do and evaluate performance to take the decision whether we really need new app server.

Thanks,

Rohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

there are many things to check...

I would start with Dialog Response times in ST03N. There you can check if the Response times are too high. Additionally u can see the Response times from DB, cpu, ...

With this Information you are able to do detailed checks in the area with large Response times. Normally it's said that response times up to 400ms are very good, up to 1s good and all above bad.

Next Thing to check are the ABAP Buffers via ST02N. The buffer quality should be as high as possible. Massive Swaps should be avoided. U also have to check the Settings for ABAP Memory usage (extenden, heap memory).

Third Thing to check are the database Settings. How many Memory can the database use and how the buffers are used.

Of course you need to check the OS resources too. Best Settings in SAP / DB doesn't help when the OS is swapping or the cpu is nearly 100%.

It's a complex Topic, hope this info will help.

Kind regards,

Martin

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

You need to consider the free hardware resources at your disposal for the new DI.

You may run pre-checks of sapinsts for some suggestions. However, the role and load of new DI should be considered on your current hardware.

Also refer,

Regards,