Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future scope SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAPians,

I was doing some research on SAP when I stumbled upon your threads and got really interested. I am an Engineer and have 2 years of IT experience. Due to personal reasons I had to quit job to move to US. Now I'm back to India after a year and in badly need of a career advancement something more than mundane IT coding. I had plans of doing MBA but cost factors had to be considered. Will SAP fulfill my goals? If so what is the best method of training and what certifications should I do? After completion will I get a decent job? Please guide me.

1 REPLY 1

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinaya,

First of all you should know why you are intending to become an SAP Consultant?

If you are coming to SAP you should have real passion on technology, great commitment and high levels of energy. These three qualities are required in order to be succeed as an SAP Consultant. If anybody looking SAP is just an option for a job search, then they may not be able to sustain for longer periods.

MBA on the other hand is a formal education and you may go into more functional side managing or working together in core Finance / HR / Marketing / IT functions. There are number of universities in India provide you with the distance education program, where you could join them. They are cost effective, however, you need to see the quality of the program.

Now coming to SAP, you need to choose the right module. It is not that somebody would choose for you. You need to know where your interest lies, your past domain knowledge / experiences pushes you and your education helps you. Therefore, choose the right module.

Then look at SAP Authorised Training Partners, looks expensive, but, you wont regret in the longer for the amount spent. Please note they would help you get fundamental knowledge in SAP and pass the Certification. They may assist you in searching the job. But, please note that they is no guarantee that you would surely get a job. Ultimately, you need to put your efforts. Getting first job in SAP is difficult, but not impossible.

Please have a good look at various blogs and articles in career center and certification forums in SCN, you would find lot of information.

Hope this helps you.

Kind Regards,

Ravi