SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to perform Billing Related Installation of device without technical Installation ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am in learning phase of SAP ISU Device Management , i have a doubt , like

Is it possible to perform the Billing related installation of the device without technical installation ? If YES , in which scenarios we go for it ?

Please help me in understanding this .

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yevgen_trukhin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, this is a scenario used in deregulated markets. In this case device info record is used without technical installation and the customer is billed based on meter readings recorded on device info record by electricity/gas/water retailer. Retailer doesnt care about actual device equipment, the transmission company should care about it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

yevgen_trukhin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, this is a scenario used in deregulated markets. In this case device info record is used without technical installation and the customer is billed based on meter readings recorded on device info record by electricity/gas/water retailer. Retailer doesnt care about actual device equipment, the transmission company should care about it.

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Doesnt just have to be a device info record. EG34 will perform the Billing Related Installation.

Any scenario where you don't necessarily need to understand a devices relationship to a functional location. IE where only required for billing.