Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delta for FI datasource to chnage entry in table level

former_member657893
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

I have seen below information in sdn.sap.com, i am not clear and can u give me some examples and steps to chnages below process if i wnat get delta for FI datasource.

The editing of these tables however is not recommended but they are very helpful when we loose delta because of some reason then we can just change ROOSGENDLM table to desired date and it will bring delta from that date .Very helpful in case of rollback of system .Before that we need to maintain entry fro that data source in BWOM2_TIMEST

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suneel,

Your question is little vague as the info you have mentioned in not complete. Can you let us know what exactly you are looking for?

By looking at the info you have mentioned it looks like you want to rollback the extraction done from FI datasources. So here is the info might be helpful to you:

1. ROOSGENDLM - This table is actually a generic datasource reference table so you will not find any entry for FI standard datasources. This table has the delta limits and you can play with the entries if you want to reset the deltas or recover the data for generic datasources i.e. custom datasources.

2. BWOM2_TIMEST: This table have the delta pointers for FI/CO datasources. You should not tamper with the entries in this table as it can cause serious data issues in extraction. But there are times when we need to recover the lost delta data if we cannot do a delta repeat for some reason. Then the entries can be handled by using a SE38 program BWOM2_TIMEST, which can be used to reset the delta pointer to previous times.

Please let me know the main issue and I can help you out with delta mechanism of extractors.

Thanks

Amit

former_member657893
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit.

But there are times when we need to recover the lost delta data if we cannot do a delta repeat for some reason. Then the entries can be handled by using a SE38 program BWOM2_TIMEST, which can be used to reset the delta pointer to previous times.

can i get some example to chnage entries at table levl and need some more details with screen if possible?

Answers (0)