SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not want FMGLFLEXT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have activated PSM-FM - Global funds management functions in development. We are on ECCS, EHP4 and new gl is alread activated and we would like to use FAGLFLEXT and do not want to use FMGLFLEXT.

Is activating PSM-FM by default acticates FMGLFLEXT? How do I stop that, as we want to use FAGLFLEXT only... Please advise...

2. We want to go live from 1st April 2015 that is fiscal year 2015-16, so while activatig the BCS, which fiscal year should I give 2014 or 2015? IF I give 2014, will I be able to test the scenarios? At present, we do not have any buget system active in sap.

Please advise

Shailesh A Joshi

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are not obliged to work with FMGLFLEXT; it all depends on your requirements. Please, consult OSS note 1060657 - General ledger reporting by profit center in public sector for more info.

Regards,

Eli

P.S. Activating BCS with earlier date won't do any harm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli,

Yes we want to use FAGLFLEXT and not FMGLFLEXT. Will there be automatic assignment to FMGLFLEXT once I activate PSM-FM? And do I need to run any report which will change the asignment back toFALGFLEXT and my new gl 0L?

Secondly, in case of BCS activtion, if I input fiscal year 2014, when I go live on 1st april 2015, will I have to carryforward the committments of 2014 o 2015, so that my 2015 budget is unaffected?

Please advise..

Shailesh A Joshi

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

BCS activation has nothing to do with carry-forward of commitments or with commitments as such. BCS is a special regime for budgetary documents only. So, if you don't have any documents in 2014, you have nothing to worry about.

As for FMGLFLEXT, why do you speak of automatic assignment? Activating PSM-FM and selecting totals table for your NGL ledger are two different activities and performed separately.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, Thanks..