Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I capable to learn SAP BI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have started my journey as a employee recently.I completed graduation in last year,  I don't have any experience in industry.one of my colleague suggested me to earn SAP BI. Actually i am not aware of SAP Technology but i want to learn. Could you please suggest me  that Can i start learning  directly with BI module? is there any other thing i have to learn before came to know about BI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

swanandpanchi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Prasad

You can go for SAP. But you should have similar domain knowledge. Are you a Computer engineer or any other technical degree you are holding?

I would suggest before going for SAP BI certification gain experience first then you can go for PG degree then SAP BI. Atleast 2 years of experience you should have in same domain. For example. If i want to do SAP MM then i should have some domain knowledge about Materials Management, like worked as a Purchase Executive or Manager.

Thank you.

Swanand.

6 REPLIES 6

swanandpanchi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Prasad

You can go for SAP. But you should have similar domain knowledge. Are you a Computer engineer or any other technical degree you are holding?

I would suggest before going for SAP BI certification gain experience first then you can go for PG degree then SAP BI. Atleast 2 years of experience you should have in same domain. For example. If i want to do SAP MM then i should have some domain knowledge about Materials Management, like worked as a Purchase Executive or Manager.

Thank you.

Swanand.

0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thank you giving you kind suggestion. I have completed my studies with Technical background in Electronics later on i switched to IT  and learned some languages,after joining in the firm i am working as a project co-ordinator(Non-Technical).

As per your suggestion experience is necessary to learn SAP.

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Welcome to SAP world good decission to learn SAP BI.

SAP BI is analytical tool for the SAP . before learing the BI first minimum knowledge the data warehousing concepts, some other data base idea like RDBMS.

we know our degree program have RDBMS subject - if you know very well easy for learn the SAP BI.

Thanks,

Phani.

0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Thank you for vulnerable suggestion.As of now i am not good in Data concepts and Relational databases  surely i will get an idea about RDBMS and Data warehousing concepts before going to know about SAP BI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, you can learn SAP BI, its no rocket science. Start reading about SAP here at SDN or read pdfs/documents on BI. I would recommend if possible do a course in BW.

SAP is so vast that a lifetime is less to cover everything, so dont get disheartened if you find yourself lost at times. It will eventually come.

Prior knowledge of Database management will be very helpful. As suggested above read RDBMS thoroughly. I had to do the same, only this time seriously.

Regards,

AR

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thank you so much.Your comment giving me push up to my thoughts about SAP.