cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info object Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are creating the same report for three times but different source system.

So we plan to go with BI content for first report and for remaining two reports planning to copy the entire data flow in first report.

My questions are

After replicating the remaining two data source in BW system.Shall i create copy of existing  Infosource,Transformation,DSO and Infocube?

For loading of master data  shall i use the same (first report)BI content Infoobject for remaining two report (or) I need to create copy info object for loading the master data?

--Vikram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vickram,

Try SAP Press book -

SAP NetWeaver BW 7.3—Practical Guide 2nd edition

Thanks,

Shakthi.

fcorodriguezl
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vickram,

You can use 3 sources with the same objects, but all depend if your structures, data master are equals, and your strategy for see your data.

And how say, your data master can be only a first source, but all depending on how you comment.

Regards.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please can you explain abour your issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For more understanding i have attached different picture

Picture 1 Reflects the one master data object for three different source system

Picture 2 Reflects the three master data object for three different source system

Each Source system has unique master values

Please guide me which format work in report.

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vickram,

Does your master data can be duplicate is 3 different source system? Ex.

Source System One have: Customer 001 with name NAME1

Source System Two have: Customer 001 with name NAME2

If that is the case then I think your image 2 is suitable for your case where you have seperate master data objects.

This is becuase if you keep only one master data object for all 3 systems then at attribute change run there is a risk of loss of data.

Even to be at safer side, my preference (I would recommend) is to have seperate master data object for each system.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply

We dont have duplicate values but data are coming from three different soruce system.So We plan to use 0logsys field to record the data.

Thanks