SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication of ISU Installation Facts with CRM Product Attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am wondering what the standard way of replicating ECC installation fact to CRM Service Product attributes in CRM. I have already created CRM Service Products for each of the Rate Categories on the ECC side. I have looked all over for days on SCN and any and all other sources, and although I did not find anything I have narrowed down the way to do this to one of the following:

1) The BAdis ECRM_UPLOAD/ECRM_DOWNLOAD on the CRM system and the BAdi ECRM_CRM_UPLOAD/ECRM_CRM_DOWNLOAD on the IS-U system.

2) Using Master Data Templates (Example, for a product MDT template, create all of the Installation Facts that would be relevant to the corresponding Rate Category for that Product)

3) Configuration for the attributes in CRM and the installation facts in ECC so that it is automatic

Are any of these standard SAP ways or best practice to achieve this functionality?

Thank you,

Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ankush5000
Explorer

Hi Jonathan,

As per SAP standard, CRM Product attributes are replicated into ISU at installation facts (via MDT). Unfortunately, vice versa is not possible.

However, In EHP 3, you can configure the CRM Web UI to see the installation facts.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ankush

Message was edited by: Ankush Singla

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

ankush5000
Explorer

Hi Jonathan,

As per SAP standard, CRM Product attributes are replicated into ISU at installation facts (via MDT). Unfortunately, vice versa is not possible.

However, In EHP 3, you can configure the CRM Web UI to see the installation facts.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ankush

Message was edited by: Ankush Singla

0 Kudos

Thank you very much for replying.

Alright, so for each Rate Category in ECC, create a Product in CRM, (already done) and then for each installation fact for each Rate Category, create the fact in that MDT.

So essentially, we should recreate every single fact for rate categories in CRM as product attributes?

Where can we see the fact for the product in the Web UI for CRM 7 EHP 3? Is it the Product tab at the end of a Contract Management Process?

Also, if it is impossible to replicate installation facts to product attributes in CRM from ECC, do you think BAdis ECRM_UPLOAD/ECRM_DOWNLOAD on the CRM system and the BAdi ECRM_CRM_UPLOAD/ECRM_CRM_DOWNLOAD on the IS-U system could be used to help me with this requirement? This thread has an example of storing the facts in SI_Contract:

Thanks,

Jonathan

0 Kudos

Jonathan

In our recent implementation we only created product attributes for installation facts that move with customers, ie discounts, optional services, allowing the product attributes to be transferred as part of the Contract Management process, with the MDT per product model.

Installation facts that are static on the premise we did not model as product attributes.

The attributes were configured in the Business Data Environment tree for the Account Overview, against the contract to be easily visible.  They are also available in the product tab of the Contract Management screen, in display mode.

To access the attributes during a move-in or transfer, there's a green button that pops up the attribute maintenance window.

Regards

Astrid

0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

1. You can configure the Product Attributes (Discounts, benefits etc) in CRM via SPRO node  'Maintain Customer Enhancements'.

2. These Product Attributes can be restricted or allowed to be modified by a call center agent.

2. Once contract is saved, these product attributes will be stored in SAP CRM table CRMD_ISU_CONT.

3. Same attributes can be replicated to ISU at installation facts via MDT (see table ETTIFN).

Thanks.

Regards

Ankush

0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Thanks. I am in CRM EHP 3 by the way. For point 1, I am in Maintain Customer Enhancements for Electronic toll collection (Spro program name: SAPLECRM_IU_CUST)

Is this it?

Otherwise, I cannot find that Spro node. It does appear in the search, but when I navigate to it that SPRO activity cannot be found.

Or do you mean "Maintain Simplified Configuration Attributes" in Utilities > Product > Simple Configuration?

Thank you,

Jon

0 Kudos

The path is:

SPRO->Customer Relationship Management->Industry-Specific Solutions->Utility Industries->Transactions->Settings for Contract Replication->Maintain Customer Enhancements

0 Kudos

This SPRO node does not exist for me. I still have not figured out how to get the Product Attributes stored on the Product level and be editable for the Contract Management process.

Could you please advise?

I created them in COMM_ATTRSET and COMM_HIERARCHY and generated the views for the Set Types... and this did not work.

I tried created them like you said, but that also did not work.

Can you please give me an overview or detailed steps for how to create Product Attributes for each Product in CRM? And what steps to take in ECC? (So in MDT, we create the individual attributes, and then?)

Thank you,

Regards,

Jonathan

0 Kudos

Is there something I need to do to activate these nodes? Right now, they do not appear.

SPRO->Customer Relationship Management->Industry-Specific Solutions->Utility Industries->Transactions->Settings for Contract Replication->Maintain Customer Enhancements

does not exist.

SPRO->Customer Relationship Management->Industry-Specific Solutions->Utility Industries->Transactions->Settings for Contract Replication-> ... and in here, we have BADI: Data exchange with ISU ... two SPRO nodes one for ECRM_DOWNLOAD and one for ECRM_UPLOAD.

0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

How can we display Installation Facts? You mentionned:

"However, In EHP 3, you can configure the CRM Web UI to see the installation facts."

I have CRM 7 EHP 3.

Thank you,

Regards,

Jonathan

0 Kudos

Hi Jon, that is not true. If modelled correctly and the MDT PARAMETERS! match the product on CRM side the installation facts are transferred to CRM e.g. by a request load! Depends all on the product definition and MDT setup. We've had a few requests to fully enable the maintanance of installation facts in both system (IS-U and CRM) equally which we denied as the architectual concept is based on maintanance in CRM. I did not say it's impossible - could probably be achieved on project base - but it would not fit into the baseline architecture. Nevertheless - whenever a request load is started in CRM the data is retrieved from ERP including ALSO the installation facts.

0 Kudos

Hello Ankush,

Thanks for mentioning about the installation facts component on the premise overview screen.

I am watching out to configure the component but unable to find that.

Can you please reference it, The system is setup on CRM 7 EHP4 and have the required Business functions activated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Astrid and Ankush,

Great answers. However, I still cannot figure out what to do for replicating installation fact changes from ECC up to CRM product attributes. So far, CRM to ECC can be achieved by MDT, but for ECC to CRM I have identified it as a gap as it is going to require some custom logic and implementation of ECRM_DOWNLOAD (to receive the changed facts) and  ECRM_CRM_UPLOAD (to send the installation fact changes up to CRM.) Have either of you seen/ done anything for this? It makes sense because if a discount type fact moves with a customer, say a low income program customer, and we make a change on the ECC side, it should also replicate to that product attribute on the CRM side.

Any suggestions/ideas on how to achieve this?

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Jon

0 Kudos

For example, say we do a move-in in CRM, we need to keep the same rate as they had before (as per the requirements) so currently we do this by a custom logic in CRM that will call a function module in ECC that will update ETTIFN accordingly (make a new line with new validity dates for the installation fact.)

Now, for the MDT, we have default attributes for some product. So FACTOR, QUANT, etc were created in MDT (eprodcust.) This will set some product attributes by default in the Installation > Installation Facts part of the MDT for the Product. This part has also be done and replicates to ETTIFN.

Now for creating the remaining attributes that have conditions (flags for rates in ECC...) what is the process? Do I create them all as Maintain Customer enhancement in CRM and then add them as Installation facts in the product MDT in eprodcust? There are many many installation facts.

Thank you, and sorry if anything is unclear.

Best regards,

Jonathan

0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan

We locked down the installation facts (product Related flag on the operands) being maintained as product attributes, so they cannot be maintained in ECC, and all updates have to be done as contract changes or product changes in CRM.

We having "fun" now though, as there are several thousand contracts where the end date for the discount needs extending, and there's no easy way to do mass maintenance across the 2 systems.

With regards to the rates flags, I guess that depends on how many are standard to the rate, or specific just to the customer, and what kind of visibility you want for those flags in CRM.

Cheers

Astrid

0 Kudos

Hi Astrid,

I am still struggling with creating Product Attributes ... I created them all with COMM_ATTRSET and COMM_HIERARCHY and then I could see the Attributes in commpr01... then I generated the set types configuration and I had the assignment block generated in the Product Overview page (Service Overview) page in Web UI...

But I don't want this relation, I want what you did, create product attributes for installation facts that move with customers, ie discounts, optional services, allowing the product attributes to be transferred as part of the Contract Management process, with the MDT per product model. What are all the steps necessary, and where does the user change the values for the Product Attribute? During the Contract Management Process? (Like in New Contract process, do they press the "Config" button and then see the Product Attributes that they can edit below for the particular product?)

I dont understand this part:

"The attributes were configured in the Business Data Environment tree for the Account Overview, against the contract to be easily visible.  They are also available in the product tab of the Contract Management screen, in display mode. " I don't see the Product Attributes I created here in the product tab of the Contract Management screen. To access the attributes during a move-in or transfer, for the Product line (item 10) there is a "Config" column and a green button that open a Product config window below.... But here, I cannot see the Product Attributes I created either.  I am wondering how to link Product Attributes created in COMM_ATTRSET to the Products themselves and how do they appear in the Web UI. Is an enhancement needed to have them displayed in the Web UI?? Or is there a transaction to do this/ SPRO node/ etc?

Thank you...

Regards,

Jonathan Laplante

0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm700_ehp03/helpdata/en/69/ab08541ccc1a2ce10000000a441590/frameset.htm

Hi Jonathan,

You don't need to configure Hierarchy manually, there is a report to create them.

just leave the hierarchy as standard, and go to transaction code CRM_ISU_PRODHIER.

Before executing this report, i think you should check you have activated some of the necessary business functions provided from EHP3.