Did you mean: 

Enterprise Services with SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos
Technical NameCustomerBasicDataByIDQueryResponse_In
Namespacehttp://sap.com/xi/APPL/SE/Global
Latest Software Component VersionESA ECC-SE 605
First Shipped With: Software Component VersionESA ECC-SE 600
First Shipped With: Product VersionSAP ERP ES 2005 - SAP ERP enterprise services package 2005
EHP1 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 - SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP ERP 6.0
CategoryA2X
Directioninbound
Modesynchronous
Point-to-Point Communication EnabledTRUE
Release Statedeprecated
Idempotencynot applicable
Application Component for Customer MessagesLO-MD-BP-CM
Related Web Service DefinitionECC_CUSTOMER001QR
WSDL

Assuming I wanted to configure an interface in SAP PI to use this standard ES . Please correct any incorrect statements I may make below

1. Download and install the PI content ( Swc: ESA ECC-SE 605 ) according to my service pack and Ehp level

2. Download and install the ECC content ( Swc: ESA ECC-SE 605 ) according to my service pack and Ehp level

3. Configure an message and operation mapping to map the input from the source to the Request of CustomerBasicDataByIDQueryResponse_In and the response back to the source.

4. Configure the Integration 'Directory ICO

Would this be enough or do I also need to go to ECC SPROXY and generate the proxy or configure the end point in SOAMANAGER ? 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think your settings should be fine incase of inbound interfaces.

Make sure RFC destinations & SLD connections are configured correctly,.

Single stack :

Dual stack :

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response ... I guess my confusion is

1. If  in PI I create my own custom SWC  and make the SAP SWC as a dependant and then create the mapping in the custom SWC , will ECC know that it has to trigger the standard enterprise service implementation when PI makes the call ?  I guess the Service interface and namespace will be the sap standard even though it is in my custom SWC,so it wont make  a difference ..Am i correct ?

2. Is it that only if we want the calling system to directly hit ECC bypassing PI that we need to create the end point in SOAMANAGER ?

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johann,

1. yes if you create your custom contents it will be visible in SPROXY of ECC. But ECC will trigger the service on call only if both inbound and outbound objects are ready for the scenario.

2. You can do this without using PI using SOAMANAGER. But, this is suggested when you have very less interface and the frequency is low, otherwise leverage the amazing capabilities of alerting, monitoring and configurations with SAP PI with large number of interfaces and high frequency.

Regards,

Vikas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not have access to a system right now so could you please let me know -

- I think I will need to use a SOAP adapter in the inbound side, right?

- Will I be able to see the SAP implementation coding in SPROXY ? 

- Is there a inherent link between the request service interface and the backend implementation? How does ECC know which ES implementation to run when it receives a call from PI for a particular standard delivered service interface / namespace ?

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johann,

- I think I will need to use a SOAP adapter in the inbound side, right?

>>>>> Yes need to setup / configure the Receiver SOAP - XI channel in PI ID. Refer to the PDF pg-10

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70066f78-7794-2c10-2e8c-cb967cef4...

- Will I be able to see the SAP implementation coding in SPROXY ?

>>>> Yes

How does ECC know which ES implementation to run when it receives a call from PI for a particular standard delivered service interface / namespace..

>>>> This might have been provided in the Standard SAP SWCV. It will have the Source & Target Interface name and the Mapping used (if any) defined in the Standard Content. You need to config/refer the same in PI - ID.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Azhar