cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change column names in Analysis Edition for OLAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I am new to using Business Objects with Microsoft Analysis Services. Is there any way to change/rename the Measure's column name in the report?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

d_chang
Participant
0 Kudos

This is not possible (yet?)

The only option you have is to change the description in the Bex query.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi D.Chang,

I am new to using BO with OLAP. What is Bex query?

0 Kudos

Hi Ednalynn,

Its not related to anything in Analysis edition for OLAP. Its a query on SAP BW data source that can be used as a source in Analysis edition for OLAP for creating Analysis Workspace. I believe you are using MSSAS so Its Irrelavent for you.

Regards,

Parag

0 Kudos

You have to follow Ramu's suggestion above to rename the measure.

gowdatimma_ramu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ednalynn Maximo,

Welcome!

You can create a new custom calculation (with any name) on the measure you would like to rename and use it in the work space.

Regards,

Ramu.

0 Kudos

Do you happen to know if there is an alternative way to do this? For whatever reason, that option is grayed out for me.

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Becky

With SSAS when you add any hierarchy to the crosstab the Calcuations menu will become active (with every data provider it will become active when you add Measures/Accounts/Key Figures to the crosstab.

Click on the Analyze tab then click on the Calculations pull down menu. You will see Custom Calculation... is active. See image below.

If you need to rename a Measure, the best way is to ask the admin to update the cube with the correct name. However Ramu explained that a workaround is to create a Custom Calculation called whatever you want, but that custom calc is defined to simply be the measure you want to rename.

Regards

0 Kudos

Can this be done with results columns? I can't seem to move or rename any column that shows totals.

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Becky

It depends on your datasource. This is not a limitation of AOLAP. For example with SSAS and Essbase you can add custom calculations to non-measure hierarchies. But other providers such as SAP BW only allow custom calculations to be added to Key Figures (measures).

In this scenario if you need to rename a member you need to change the underlying BW query.

Regards

0 Kudos

That's what I was afraid of. I'm an end user so I have limited access, and every solution I find to every problem requires doing something that needs IT access. I suppose I'll be sticking with Excel But thank you for your help!.