cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AD user not shown in which group he belongs to in CMC3.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on BO3.1Sp6 and have 2000+ users in CMC. All the users are managed in Windowd AD.

We have folder for example: Sales, we have a group named "Sales group" in AD and this is mapped to the Sales folder.

All the users in the group can access the reports in the Sales folder.

Today we added a new user X in the Sales Group in Windows AD. This user is visible in the CMC under the Sales Group.

This user is not able to see the Sales Folder like the other users in the same group.

I went to the user list and searched for this user. I am able to find the user X. when I see the member of for this user, I see only Everyone.

But when I go to the Sales Group , I can see this user.

Can someone help me what is the issue only for this particular user.

I tried removing the user from AD and remap again. but no luck

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member926196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Please refer http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1902827

It seems to be a bug which is resolved in XI 3.1 Sp6 Fp 6.3.

You can inform the user to login into the application and see if it then shows a part of Sales group.

-Ambarish-

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are already on 3.1Sp6 FP6.3.

Thanks for the reply..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to find a solution for this.

I deleted the problematic user (Eg: John)from the Windows AD group and created Enterprise user with same name (John)

Then I updated the Windows AD Group graph and I got the problematic user into the group.

I see the user with his name added with 0 in the end. ( Eg: John0 )

I am able to see this user as part of the group. I deleted the enterprise user and renamed the Win Ad user to John . the user now got the permissions which he is supposed to.

Regards,

Praveen

former_member926196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen for sharing the resolution.

When you created an enterprise user, was it a member of only everyone group or you associated the Enterprise user to AD group?

-Ambarish-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

I just created enterprise user. i am not able to add this user user to that group as that group is coming from windows AD.

-Praveen

former_member427484
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had a similar issue long ago and could not find a solution.

Thanks

-Khaled

Answers (0)