cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of approved absence in ESS Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have the following issue in ESS  Employee has applied leave  and got approved  .we have checked in the back end SAP the absence are not reflecting but in ESS absence are reflecting  so the user wants to delete in ESS . Please let me know how to delete in ESS Portal .

Thanks

GIRI

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giri,

If I am not wrong, there is a leave request which is approved in the Leave requests tab under ESS for an employee and now he would like to cancel the leave?

If it is so he can click on the delete button against the leave request and that may go for approval purpose for the supervisor. In order to trigger the workflow in the case of cancellation please check whether you have maintained the following in the table v_t554s_web and under that go to the leave type which you want to make the change and under the tab workflow template give the workflow which you wanted to use for the leave request under WF ID Cancellation Request, if you also want to make a workflow triggered for the changes also please maintain the same workflow under WF ID change request. And also along with this under system Response tab un check the No Deletion of leave permitted.

So that both of them makes the workflow trigger and approval is also needed for the same.

Thanks

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check weather ESS Leave (PTARQ ) Leave document is there in PTREQ_ATT* or PTREQ_HEADER table? If it is there then ESS Leave document is still there in database.

As said above, Time Admin may delete request though PTARQ - Delete Document.

Please explain issue in more details. If possible along with screen shot.

Regards,

Ketul

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giri ,

Check the table V_T554S_WEB and Check the box " No deletion of leave permitted"

There is no standard Workflow triggered when the Approved leave request has been deleted by the employee ,This step should be configured by the customers as when to trigger a mail to the Admin or Supervisor, when deletion or cancellation happens.

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva

We sent an email to the customer that approved leaves cannot be deleted by us but with the HR People . But the customer wants me to delete the approved leave in ESS Portal..so as per my understanding  if i check the box  "No deletion of Leave Permitted "  My issue will be resolved ???

Thanks

Giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand the issue correctly here, the HR people have deleted info type 2001 record? And now they want it deleted in leave request?  I also understand that they do not want the employee himself to be able to delete the approved leave?

If the above is the scenario, the leave request must be deleted via transaction PTARQ. 

/Kirsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirsten

Thank for the update since the leave is already approved  i am not able to delete the leave  Ptarq

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giri ,

Please check the manger who has been approved the leave request saying that reversal approval on approved leave request, once the manager is approved than employee is easily delete the leave request in portal.

Not sure , Please test like  -Delete the records in infotype 2001 than run PTARQ and test it in portal..

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to delete in PTARQ. There is a separate button for deletaion. It is not a recommended scenario - but if HR has already deleted 2001 and you don't allow employees to delete, it might be necessary.  Remember to cancel WF-item first, or you will be stuck with an unfinished workflow.

I don't quite see why you don't want employees to be able to delete approved leaves. Once approved and posted, the deletion of the leave from an employee must also be approved by manager.

So to me, this seems like a far better approach.

We stress that once you use Leave Request, you should not touch the records in IT2001, as that leads to confusion and inconsistensies.

/Kirsten