cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII Configuration for Novice - Trigger sample message out of MII to Test connection

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi MII Experts,

I am new to SAP MII and I have been asked to trigger a test/sample message from SAP MII to SAP PI to check if the connectivity is working fine or not.

I started off by following the link - Message Listeners - Message Services - SAP Library

By following that,  I have configured a Message Processing Rule using a Listener XMIIMESSAGELISTENER to send the message out of SAP MII.

I am unable to figure out where to post the XML document and trigger it.

I am also unable to interpret the actual meaning of the statement -

"To have the message listener queue and process an XML document, you post the XML document to the WSMessageListener service. The  Nameproperty maps to the  Message Nameproperty in the Message Processing Rules screen.

Post the XML document in the body of the message to the URL: http://<server>:<port>/XMII/Illuminator?service=WSMessageListener&mode=WSMessageListenerServer&NAME=<UniqueMessageName>"

I request kindly guide me in this regard.

Thanks,

Arkesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arkesh

If you simply want to post a sample message to PI, you dont have to worry about Message Listner.

Simply Create a New Transaction in MII work Bench with HTTP post action Block, see below.

Next, Open the configuration links and set up your URL for PI, Content Type as text/xml if you are posting XML message and set up credentials in username and password, see below.

Save and Run your transaction. Hope this helps.

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

Thank You for your time, help and support.

The steps really helped me and the connection test was successful.

I will be really grateful to you if you can help me send a sample XML message from MII to SAP PI.

I just need to send a simple XML to PI and my task will be completed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arkesh,

All you need to do in addition to the above steps is configure the property PostData in HttpPost action block in addition to the properties configured above. This property is of type string and should be the XML document which you want to send across to PI.

The configuration will be done in the same way as you have configured  URL, User id etc.

When you run the transaction, your message will be posted to PI.

Regards,

Anushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arkesh,

You need to ask the XML payload or sample XML from PI team, because Payload varies from Service to Service in PI. Ask your PI team to help with sample XML and they should be able to provide it.

Then you can follow what Anushree has mentioned.

Good Luck.

Rupesh

Answers (0)