Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Ucon- Logging Expiration date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Anyone have experienced with SAP Ucon setup? We have setup Ucon since last September 2014 in our production system for logging purposes but as I can see the expiration date will be on Dec17,2014. My concern is that what will happen if the RFMs in the logging phase has expired? Right now we don't want to do anything with the data in the logging phase, we want just to gather more data until early next year. Will there be any effects in the system if we just let the RFMs expired in the logging phase? I tried to adjust the Duration Phase Logging days but it didn't take effect the RFMs that's already on the list.

Regards,

Florence

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nothing will happen.

The only thing which has an effect is if a function module is in the final phase AND is NOT assigned to the default communication assembly (black list).

That you must do intentionally.

Cheers,

Julius

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nothing will happen.

The only thing which has an effect is if a function module is in the final phase AND is NOT assigned to the default communication assembly (black list).

That you must do intentionally.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thank you Julius for the reply!

Then we will just let the RFMs stay in the logging phase until early next year, but are there other ways to adjust the expiration date for RFMs that's already in the logging phase? I tried in Ucon Customizing but as mentioned nothing happened after I adjusted the days.

Regards,

Florence

0 Kudos

Technically there is no difference between logging and evaluation phase. It is just visually for you to see how far you got.

I would let them go into evaluation phase. Nothing will happen.

If you are using local mode, then alternately you can rerun the setup and set initial intervals again. Changing the interval in setup only applies to new fm's that are transported into the system.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

As Julius wrote nothing is blocked until you have RFC function modules in the final phase that are not assigned to the UCON default communication assembly (UCON default CA).

If you would still like to refresh the phase expiration you can do it. Changing the phase is refreshing the phase expiration. You could select all "Function modules in logging phase" and change phase to evaluation and back to logging. Then the logging phase is started again for all these function modules.

I would suggest to stay in logging phase until you added all RFC function modules that are needed to be called remotely to the UCON default CA. In evaluation phase CCMS alerts are raised for RFC function modules that are called but that are not assigned to the UCON default CA. The evaluation phase is technically not much different to the logging phase but it is ment to ensure that you added all RFC function modules you need to the UCON default CA.

Greetings,

Christian

0 Kudos

Nifty trick to move them back to initialize the interval again!

Thanks for the tip 🙂

Cheers,

Julius