cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAV And DIS attribute don't match

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm quite new to BW/BI and i stumbled upon a problem in BI Analysis.

In a report/query there is a Free Characteristic 'Geplande startdatum' (cfr. Planned starting date) as well as a attributes 'Geplande startdatum' (cfr. Planned starting date). The source of both is 0PROJECT.

The problem is that the value's for both should be the same, yet there not.

I added a screenshot to elucidate the problem. What could be the problem here?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vander,

I suspect you attribute is time dependent and you use different time stamps for reading the navigation attribute and the display attribute.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

They both appear to have the source field 'ZPS_PLSD9'.

That's why assumed that they would have the same data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

both these attributes loaded from same source field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any specific reason why you expect the display attibute and navigational attribute to display the same value?

They are different in nature, so i think it is not an issue itself on the front end but rather a modeling question in the backend side.

Best would be to check with your BW developer of trust.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Victor,

This should have the same value because I changed this attribute to a navigational attribute and added it to cube in question.

I also think that this is a modeling question, I just can't figure out what the problem is.

I hope you guys can push me in the right direction! Thanks in advance!

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vander,

agree with the previous response here - just because these two items are based off the same InfoObject, that does not automatically mean that you should expect the same values.

Did you test your Query in Transaction RSRT to see the values there ?

You mentioned you changed the Display Attribute to be a navigational attribute. That would mean you should not see the Display Attribute anymore and only see the Navigational attribute. So I assume the cube has the display attribute and the navigational attribute and then those can have different values.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tammy!

I'm working with v1.4.8.3163. Unfortunately I can't check this in Bex Analyzer...

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vander - what version of Analysis Office is this?

Does it give similar behavior when you try this with BEx Analyzer?