Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebService variable TIMS is INITIAL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have got a difficult question to ask:

I have got a WebService that crashes every time it receives a TIMS variable with initial value.

As far as I know, initial values of TIMS variables, in SAP, are set internally as blank spaces (hexadecimal: "202020202020").

When XML is received, it crashes. It receives "  :  :  " (hexadecimal: "20203A20203A2020") as initial value and cannot be parsed.

Does anyone know how can I solve it?

Also, does it mean that 12:00:00PM should be stored as 24:00:00 and I have to force initial values as "000000"?

Many thanks,

Eloi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

roberto_vacca2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

Time is a 6 chars in ABAP.

You can try to assign a value such 999999 as null value.

Hope to help

Bye

3 REPLIES 3

roberto_vacca2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

Time is a 6 chars in ABAP.

You can try to assign a value such 999999 as null value.

Hope to help

Bye

0 Kudos

I tried it. It cannot be parsed.

Thx for help anyway.

0 Kudos

Well I think you have to manage the situation. XML will probably never accept a null value for a TIME field cause the conversion function will always traduce that in NULL value and error.

IF XML is generated from ABAP you could change the transformation  (STRANS) adapting to a situation where "when time is 999999" don't create Time field in XML. The problem is in the interface betweeb sap and xml output. If you can change the interface (created for example in java), tell to use the function getValidDimension for this field that creates problems.

Hope to help.