Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM integration failing after various SAP and BCM patches applied

former_member290821
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have recently upgraded our SAP BCM V7 system with SP7 in tandem with various patching of the SAP CRM systems.  In general, following SP7, SAP Contact Centre seems to be working well - however the CRM integration is problematic. To summarise the issue: when a BP enters a reference number during a phone call, the CRM IC UI is not being populated with the BPs record/details. This was working correctly before the various patches were applied.

I should add that the BP details can be searched for using the simple IC search box and proved to exist.  We have tried several different BPs and used 'student number', UCAS number, ticket number in the phone calls.  Searches on these items all give correct results when using a standard search within IC UI, but none appear in the IC UI when they are input during a phone call. The call itself does come through but IC reports 'No account information found'.

I must admit that I have little understanding of how the CRM side of things works, but the SAP teams here have run a trace this morning using SOAManager (from SAP CRM transaction SRT_UTIL) and have confirmed that the web service call from SAP Contact Centre was successfully calling the IVR web service and a valid response is being passed back. So in the SOAManager payload document the MT_RefDetails section shows the valid PartnerGUID, BPNumber, Email, DateOfBirth and reports 'Match Found'.  I'm told by our SAP support team that this information is then passed back to the SAP Contact Centre IVR and eventually back again to CRM before a lookup of the BP is done and presented to the IC Agent.  They have asked me to trace this interaction within the SAP Contact Centre system so that we can establish where it is failing. 

So my questions are:

Would anything in the IVR be altered when SP7 was applied to our system?  For example, have any variable names been changed - or is there anything else we need to be aware of that could be affecting our IVR configuration?

Is there a log file I can look at to view the detailed interactions between CRM and SAP Contact Centre? Can anyone provide any advice or clues as to how I can trace the IVR behaviour from end to end?

Many thanks for any assistance.

Adele

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adele,

there are many points to look into, both in CCtr and CRM.

Information about from which version did  you patch your CCtr and CRM would be useful.

But fastest thing to do is to switch on the ICI trace in CRM and check, whether data from IVR flow into CRM:

1) Set user parameter for the agent user in CRM (transaction SU01 or SU3) CRM_ICI_TRACELEVEL with value XXX.

2) Log into WebIC and receive a call, where caller has added some data for automatic identification

3) Run transaction CRM_ICI_TRACE  and find the incoming call <phonecallChanged> with status Alerting. Here you can check whether data flows in:

Other root cause can also be connected with CRM patching - there were OSS notes only or also Support Packages?

Regards,

Dawood

former_member290821
Participant
0 Kudos

Many thanks for your help with this Dawood, it gave us the clues we needed to track down the problem.  Your suggested trace helped us to identify that the CAD Application ID was incorrectly set in the OII. We found with a side-by-side comparison of traces in our QA and DEV systems.  Many thanks for your assistance and apologies for the late response back.  Adele

Answers (0)