Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Enrollment functionality in SAP Fiori apps

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Can any one provide the clarity, is SAP Fiori flavor has Open Enrollment functionality or not?

Presently we are running the  open enrollment functionality in SAP java webdynpro. We are planning to move to ABAP webdynpro for Open enrollment. But looks like SAP Fiori has the good usability, so we are thinking to implement the whole SAP ESS functionality in SAP Fiori itself. But our main functionality is rely on Open enrollment. So can any one provide the the clarity is current Benefits functionality in SAP Fiori provides the Open enrollment or not. If not what is the SAP future plan on the Open enrollment in SAP Fiori? Like is going to release as future release in next year.

When i look at the Fiori Benefits scope documentation. Its not given that, it has the Open enrollment functionality.

• Display the benefit plans in which you are enrolled by plan categories
  • Display eligible benefit plans for which you have not yet enrolled
  • Display plan details of a selected benefit plan, for example, your coverage, pre-tax cost, and so on
  • View the benefit overview or detailed information for any given date
  • Access links to benefit plan documents to find information on the definition of benefit plans
  • Open the Benefits Summary statement as a PDF that can be downloaded locally

I have another question related to enabling same Fiori functionality across all types of devices( like Desktop, ipad, iPhone) . what is the extra effort on the development and infrastructure wise.

Please clarify it.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pankaj_bisht
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

The current My Benefits app is the mapping of the Participation Overview app form ESS.

We do not have the Open Enrollment app as that would be difficult to use on Mobile due to the complexity of the app. There are multiple steps in an Open enrollment app and that would be very very complex for a Fiori app.

best Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

I understand your point about the complexity of Benefit Enrollment on a mobile device. I agree. However, if Fiori/HR Renewal is the go-forward solution for on-premise wouldn't SAP eventually need to abandon the web dynpro benefit enrollment, in favor of an SAPUI5 release?

So if I restate Vijay's original question - aren't there plans to eventually release an SAPUI5 version of Benefit Enrollment that doesn't use web dynpro?

Regards,

Jay

pankaj_bisht
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I agree with your statement. However we have started with most used ESS/MSS scenarios at the moment. We do not have any dates on when we could do Enrollement on Fiori.

It would also make sense to have this as a Desktop only app rather than to have enrollment on Mobile.

Best Regards

Pankaj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member82178
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

As far as I now, current version of my benefits fiori app doesn't have open enrollment functionality. Not sure about if it will be included in future release.

Regarding next question to enable fiori functionality on dev & infrastructure wise, refer below blog to get some understanding.

Thanks & Regards,

Madhu Sudhan

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Madhu,

Thanks for the reply.