cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At the time of release to accounting in Billing WBS budget exceed error coming ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

1. Time of release to accounting in  billing why system checking WBS budget (PS budget) ?

2. Ok WBS budget is also available then why i am getting this error.

Please find attached error screen shot.

Regards,

Yogesh Acharya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank to Everyone !!

I found what exactly problem is actually when i am doing billing then my contra expenses is also include in bill so when i am doing billing it getting budget error. Now problem is my SO on top WBS and our budget always on bottom up approach even if my budget available on lower level but still error is coming. Now when i am giving budget on top WBS then only its works.

Request to you please give your advice on this issue.

Thank you.

Regards,

Yogesh Acharya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If budget available on lower level and you want to procure with top level wbs then its not possible as its only the sum-up of lower level budget. but vice-verse is possible.

As I know, you can't provide budget to both top and bottom level WBS. It will give error as you total up.

If your lower level WBS budget is not used yet, option is to return budget and supplement to parent/top level. Then you can use budget from top level.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shishir,

Thank for your response and yes you right we can do it in that way but my exactly my query is How we are managing contra charges in PS because -

1. We can not plan these charges.

2. At the time of billing only client will be charge as contra expenses.

3. We are doing billing on top level WBS and we are using Bottom - UP approach for budgeting so in any condition on TOP level WBS budget won't be there so in this situation how i will handle these charge.

Regards,

Yogesh Acharya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

There are two ways to do it.

1) If you know the value of contra charges initially, you can add that value to the top level WBSE, while taking the budget approval and same can be consumed whenever you do billing.

2) If you don't know the value of contra charges intially, then you treat that contra charges cost element as exempted ( Care should be taken that, this GL should not be assigned for any other expenses) in Budget Availability Control Config. So that system won't check the budget against exempted Cost Elements.

Regards,

Rao.

gerry_hodgins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Yogesh Acharya

Oss Note  178837 should explain

Ger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Check your cost & revenue assignment, Your revenue should not be part of Cost group define in system, check and let me know.

Regard's

Syed

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Normally you would have revenue accounts exempted from the budget availability control, therefore the revenue posting should not trigger any budget check.

BR,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Paulo,

Can you please explain me? and if you taking about exempt cost element availability control  then in that case every all revenue cost element i need to exempt n what is impact when i am trying to post actual revenue on WBS please guide me.

Regards,

Yogesh Acharya

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hej Yogesh,

The purpose of budget availability control is about controlling on a cost side.  The revenue side should not impact it.  By exempting revenue accounts from the budget contol you can be sure that your billing has no impact on a budget, therefore you should not get any messages from it at the time of the customer billing.

Regards,

Paulo

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

check Released budget or billing budget is same or differ if it is more then release budget then system produce this kind of error logically.

Rest more comments awaited from expert.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjeev,

In PS whatever budget i am releasing that is my  internal budget for completing that job but when i am doing billing to client then why it should be same ?

Regards,

Yogesh Acharya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Please let us know error message number... Also try reconstructing Budget Availabilty control through CJBN once.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tushar,

Thanks for your guidance and please find attached error which i am getting.  I already activated AVAC through CJBN but it's not working.

Regards,

Yogesh Acharya