Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.40 troubles with Retina

AntonKozhin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

I'm working with SAP GUI 7.40 on my MBP Retina (via Parallels desktop) and recently I have decided to show a few graphical glitches which are quite annoying (as I think). Because of high resolution (2560x1600) in Windows 8.1, I have to use some large fonts (14pt) in SAP GUI settings and some things are not shown properly (look at the images attached):

• Some toolbars look really messy (some buttons are even hard to see): I tried even different designs for SAP GUI (even Classic one, but to me it has too low contrast).
  • Some transactions don't look very good (especially, SCASE, SCASEPS)

New Blue Design

SAP Signature Design:

• Sometimes checkboxes are tend to disappear when a mouse pointer moves over them.

While I have almost no problems in SAP GUI 7.30 for Java on Mac OS (except for that it's considerably slower and sometimes hangs up, which I believe is a Yosemite and Java 8 problem).

Maybe some of these problems can be solved in upcoming 7.40 patch?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Anton,

the root cause of the cut off toolbar areas is not SAP GUI, and therefore can not be fixed in a SAP GUI  patch. In SAP GUI for Java it only looks better because you are running it with the default font size.

If you set it to e.g. 16 or 18, you will see similar results also with SAP GUI for Java.

Unfortunately, the application sets to toolbar heights to absolute numbers independent of the font sizes used. Therefore increasing the font size results in what you show in the screenshots.

The solution would be to set the toolbar heights with relative sizes to be able to display toolbar buttons with bigger height. This needs to be corrected on the application side. I only can recommend to open a support message describing the issue on the component of the affected ABAP application(s).

The issue related to the checkboxes is also happening using SAP GUI for Java? Feel free to report this on component BC-FES-GUI / BC-FES-JAV.

I would be interested in getting more information about SAP GUI for Java hanging sometimes.

Could you please enter a trace file name in the trace dialog, so any error messages get logged and send them in a message on BC-FES-JAV?

(On Yosemite, please use SAP GUI for Java 7.30 rev 10 running on Java 7.)

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

AntonKozhin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Rolf!

Thanks for your reply.

I had the idea that the height of toolbar buttons is set in absolute values, but still in Java it looks much better even with the largest fonts possible (24pt).

The problem with checkboxes happens only in GUI for Windows. In Java I failed to repeat this issue even with the largest font size.

About traces - I will look at the possibility to look more deeply into the situation and provide necessary information.

Answers (0)