Did you mean: 

Stock inconsistancy in WM while scrapping

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Stock inconsistancy created between MM and WM

MM posting was done for MT 551 scrapping, shows correct in MMBE

WM stock shows negative stock in LS24 in 9** ST, looks like even before IM-WM MT is configured, posting was done.

Please let me know can we use LX23 for single material.

Thankyou,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you have a screenshot for us from MMBE and LS26 to evaluate if you really have an inconsistency or just a wrong understanding.

Or do you already know that you switched on WM for a location without taking care about existing stocks?

LX23 works only for positive stocks. And it will assume that WM is right and adjusts MM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen. That's what I thought.

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

We already know the WM location was activated without taking care about existing stock.

Please find the snap shots, yes i am aware that its really inconsistency.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that is a screen shot from LS24, I am looking for LS26 as this has a summary at the bottom which can easily compared with MMBE

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos
MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per initial thread "MM posting was done for MT 551 scrapping" could you please share the screenshot of material document (WM tab) which got created as a result of MT 551

Also i can see that you have one negative and positive entry for BATCH 2,from Stock category 'Q' to unrestricted  so it seems one of your PCN process did not got completed as per standard flow

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Certainly an inconsistency.

and it really looks like you had switched on WM and no inventory in WM but 15000 Q stock in MM, then you did the transfer posting from Q to unrestricted in MM, which created a PCN in WM and while processing it created unrestricted stock in storage type AAA and negative Q stock in storage type 902.

To get rid of this negative Q stock in WM, you would need to create Q stock in MM.

e.g. with 202 movement to create 15000 stock of batch 2, then do a transfer posting to move it to Q-stock. After this you should have 0 Q stock in WM  and 15000 in MM. Now you can execute LX23 to make MM equal to WM, which results in a inventory correction of 15000 in MM.

Finally you would need to clear the accounts that have been affected with the 202 movement and the inventory adjustment as I assume this will be 2 different accounts.

Extra problem is probably that your material is activated for QM in the meantime, which will prevent you from doing manual MM postings for the Q-stock. For this you would need to inactivate the inspection method during this correction.

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos
MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why your 551 is going into Storage type 902, is there any specific reason as i can see in my test system it is configured for storage type 999

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Manish,

We can use any interim ST, since the WM is small, we are using only one interim ST.

STD SAP ST for scrapping is 999.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If I understand you correctly :

You performed scrapping in IM in WM managed storage location and now the WM and IM stocks are not in sync.

You should perform WM physical inventory and IM physical inventory on WM managed storage location. To help you understand I will give you an example.

Say Material A has 100 EA in total in Stor. Location 1000 which is WM managed. For the storage location in warehouse there are say 10 bins. Out of 10 bins the material is present in 2 bins say bin x and bin y. Now you scrap 20 quantities of material in storage location 1000. So, system will not be able to know from which bins should it remove the stock from. So it just posts the negative stock in intermediate storage type "9*". This will always happen even if you scrap all 100 quantities or even when you have the material present in only a single bin.

The correct process is perform the WM physical inventory and then clear the difference. When you clear the difference that is the time when stock is written off in IM.

To answer your question on how to correct the issue :

You should simply use LT10 or LT01 and move the stock in WM to the intermediate storage type and the bin where the negative quantities are present. When you do that the stock will be removed in WM as well and your stocks would be in sync. As far as I understand LX23 might not work in this case.