cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to email MSDS from a delivery or PGI every time without going into CVD1

carla_matczak
Explorer
0 Kudos

We would like to trigger an email of the Material Safety Data Sheet either at the time of Delivery or PGI every time.  Is this possible and how ?

I did setup my output type, I added a contact person and I can get the MSDS into CVD1.  But in CVD1 will it only email out once every 12 months ? any help will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

carla_matczak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your input  I was not 100% clear on my requirement.  Our plant would like for each Export order out of the US, a MSDS to either print or be emailed to the Freight Forwarder for each delivery/shipment.

I was able to configure SAP to get an email into CVD1 for the Freight Forwarder on the Delivery., but with this in CVD1 I am limited to the one product, one MSDS every twelve months.

Anybody want to share what they do for their Freight Fowarders and MSDSs.

Thank you

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Carla

in your case you need to use "own" coding. For US there is a special data/process flow shipped by SAP; and this process flow does not support your scenario. PLease check coresponding OSS consulting note for "sds distribution". You might get an idea which function module you need to exchange and "reprogramm". Main challenge is: you need to differentiate "domestic" and "export" case. Keep in mind that SDS/MSDS distribution can not be set up on plant by standard. The "interaction" is done with sales organisation only (in SAP standard).

C.B.

george_ainiveettil
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Carla.

Using Automatic shipping you can send a single MSDS in specification level( hence to all materials attached to it ) or to separate materials. But as Mark mentioned there are subsequent shipping function modules which you need to check and need to make changes here ..Honestly i dont know how to make the changes correctly because the subsequent shipping depends on your version,date,material etc ...So you need to make changes probably in this CHECK FM's (there may be 2 different check FM's).

Hope it helps

Thanks

George

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Carly

I am not sure about your requirement. Any dispatch of MSD/SDS is done using CVD1 (as a transaction (many subprocesses are needed in background. So the answer to your header is:

No; if you would like to use EHS as "dispatch" tool; you need CVD1 (and anything around that).

Regarding your requirement:

"We would like to trigger an email of the Material Safety Data Sheet either at the time of Delivery or PGI every time"; the sentence is "misleading" a liitle bit

The story is the other way around: First you need to define which SD processe trigger SDS distribution; if you have defined that you need the context; this is mentioned as well above. E.g.for Materials going to US you  need only to dispatch once per 12 month a SDS; if same material (in combinaiton with lot of other criteria) is dispatched to US in the same "12 month" period no SDS shipment takes place.

The situation is different for other countries. Now we go to detals: You need to "differentiate" the "first" dispatch and the "relevant"  subprocess. But I do not want to go in details.

Short message is: if you properly set up your system EHS can dispatch MSDS/SDS as

a.).FAX

b.) paper

c.) per eMail

PLease read cross Online help; topic is as well discusssed often; may be check:

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carla,

Automatic report shipping is supported as standard for reports of the report category - MSDS.

Reports can be sent as an email, letter or fax. Also, if required, you can specify that reports whose recipient and communication type are the same can be shipped together.

Considering that the CVD1 trigger happens via SD_CALL, request you to check on the Output types maintained (Assuming you maintained 'SDB'), please see the Processing routines for it. And check for the transmission medium.

With EDI - iDocs, the requirement can be met.

Regards,

-Chris.

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Carla,

In order to achieve this you would need to change the "CHECK FUNCTION" for the report shipment.
This function check wether you need to send an MSDS or not.

But I honestly do not see why you would want to do this:

The legal requirement (in the US) is to send the MSDS once every 12 Months - or when the MSDS get's a new main version. Why do you want to 'spam' your customer with the same MSDS over and over again?

Regards

Mark