cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define Rules for Approval Limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone set up or used this functionality?

I am setting up approval limits to be used in "up the Chain" approvals, and am wondering what the "Cost Centre Level" is supposed to do. I am unable to find any help text or other information in BYD regarding what the cost centre level is supposed to do. It looks like BYD want me to set up another amount, but what is it used for and what does it do, is not clear.

Any help will be appreciated, Hans

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans Hansen

I thinks you get more information about there node and cost centre value from aftervalidate event of node level.  througth absl language.

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hans,

Can you please refer to the help center document : Defining Advanced Approval Limits

This document will provide you the details on the how system will work and what is cost center level.

Basically Cost center level is the Cost Center Hierarchy (in the org structure).

I hope this will answer to your queries. Let me know if you need further clarifications.

If this resolves your concern. Please mark this thread as answered.

Regards,

Harshal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

I did review this document prior to me posting the note.

In my opinion it does not provide any information on "Cost Centre(!) Levels". Nor does it provide any contextual information either.

How do you refer to a level of cost centers by entering an amount?

Also, how are the levels of cost centers defined?

Thank you, Hans

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hans,

Cost center level is derived from the Org structure.

For example :

Company A, Below company A, you have 2 units which are profit center (B & C).

Below unit B, you have cost center 1, 2 and 3.

Below cost center 1, you have cost center 4 & 5. Below cost center 4, you have cost center 6.

In this example :

For cost centers 1,2 &3 -> Cost center level is 1.

For cost center 4 &5 -> Cost center level is 2.

For Cost center 6 -> Cost center level is 3.

So that answers your second question.

I did not fully understand your question. "How do you refer to a level of cost centers by entering an amount?"

But let me try to explain with with example.

You maintain rule something like this.

Company : A

Cost center level : 2

Cost center ID : *

Employee 😘

Product Category : *

Amount : 100 USD.

this would translate as : when company is A, Any cost center on level 2, any employee and product category with amount more than 100 USD, approval process is required.

You can also try simulate button on the screen to simulate the rules and see the results.

I hope this will clarify.

Regards,

Harshal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check your information out.

If you look at how you can specify the level, the field type is of type "amount". You can enter 1.5 or 2,033.00, which doesn't make sense to me, and made me stop validating how the levels would work.

Thank you,

Hans

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

Yes, that's correct. Cost center level field can not be 1.5, it should be integer only. I completely missed that.

Looks like a bug in the system. I will try to check this with the Development team and confirm if this is design this way or is it a bug. And if system is designed that way, why?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Harshal