cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM + integration flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Could anyone direct me to good document where NW BPM uses Integration flow(iFlow), I found lot of sample cases/blogs of BPM using Integrated configuration , in this case I need to login to swing every time for creating integrated configuration and import it to NWDS for using in BPM scenario.....I want to use integration flow in BPM. So, everything will in eclipse based NWDS.

And also I would like to know the advantages of using iFlow instead of Integrated configuration in BPM...

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Ur question looks little bit confusing to me...

But what i understood is u want to use NWDS for ESR, ID and NW BPM config? right?

So if u are using PO (or PI 7.31 single stack) then u can certaily go with that, u can create PI ESR and ID objects directly in NWDS. Sometime back, there was an article published by william li (how to create Iflows) just search that...

BTW, config of iflows is independent whether u are using BPM or any system as a sender/receiver. So any step by step doc on Iflows config would work for u.

>>And also I would like to know the advantages of using iFlow instead of Integrated configuration in BPM...

U don't use IFlows or ICOs in BPM, infact u create these objects just to enable the exchange of messages with NW BPM (which can act as a sender or receiver)

For the single stack versions of PI (>=7.31), it's recommeded to create Iflows so that u don't have to switch clients and everything would be under one umberella, but having said so technically it doesn't make lot of difference even if u create ICOs directly in ID.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur valuable answer.

I'm uising single stack SAP PO 7.31. I would like to know how to use iFlow in BPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As already stated, you have to create Iflow for a NW BPM scenario as u do for a normal scenario. There is no special config needed, just consider NW BPM  as a separate component (create a BC for a NW BPM process)

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/304eda9e-736f-2f10-7c99-a9b61353c...

Suppose u want to send a message to a NW BPM process from Sender system via a PI then ur Iflow will look something like this -

Sender Component + Sender Interface + Sender Channel ----->Operation Mapping (if any) ------>

Receiever BC name for a NW BPM process + Receiver Interface + SOAP (XI 3.0) channel

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

from this document from william li ( )

he is asking to create 6 Integrated configuration.

1. Start Message: NW PI -> NW BPM (async)

2. Send PO: NW BPM -> NW PI (async)

3. Return PO number: NW PI -> NW BPM (async)

4. Get Customer Info: NW BPM <--> NW PI (sync)

5. Write result: NW BPM -> NW PI (async)

6. Write error: NW BPM -> NW PI (async)

for the same scenario will I need to create 6 iFlow instead of ICO...is that correct?

Thanks once again .

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>for the same scenario will I need to create 6 iFlow instead of ICO...is that correct?

Yes.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Find the below link which explained step by step process of BPM flow.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-60042