cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash management and Treasury

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Does anybody have a document on the integration between Cash management and Treasury.

How the Cash management and Treasury interact each other ?

Thanks,

Srikanth.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srikanth,

We have few customization only with respect to Treasury and cash management.Please find below customization, Once you have made configuration which i suggest in previous thread, Please go ahead and made the below settings,

FSCM--> Treasury and Risk Management--> TM-->General Settings-->link to cash management--> assign planning levels

FSCM--> Treasury and Risk Management--> TM-->General Settings-->link to cash management--> Specify update types for CM

Hope this solve your issue.

Please close this thread, incase issue is solved.

Regards,

Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jain,

Thanks for your quick reply.

It is fine with configuration in the system.I am looking in the broader sense like how the decisions will take in treasury  with respect to Cash management and vice versa

Thanks,

Srikanth.

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srikanth,

Can you be more specific about your requirement. I'll try to provide solution based on my knolwdge and experience.

Regards,

Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jain,

As far as I know,

Treasury and Cash Management are closely integrated with each other.

1. What are the main functions of Cash Management

2. How it controls the treasury applications?

Thanks,

Srikanth.

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Let us assume I want to invest 10M in fixed term deposit for certain period.

Now, as per the general rule it will reduce you liqudity to check the same we can use FF7B t.code and check.

In Treasury when you create a deal/contract for fixed term deposit, It doesnt mean you have used the same amount until entry passed in FI which normally happen when you execute TBB1.

So, It mean i created a contract but not setted and posted in FI but it doesnt mean cash is available as liquidity.

Through the customization of Treasury we can check where cash is bloked in contract phase settlement phase or payment made in cash management(FF7A).

I hope this clear your doubt,

Regards,

Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jain,

Nice explanation-

I was looking this type of explanation.

Thanks,

Srikanth.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srikanth,

Please find the few of the other configurations which are requried for cash management set up.

1. Define value date default

Financial Supply Chain Management --> Cash and Liquidity Management -->Cash Management -->Basic Settings -->Define Value Date Default

2. Define Account Symbols

Financial Supply Chain Management --> Cash and Liquidity Management --> Cash Management --> Basic Settings ® Define Source Symbols

3. Define Number Ranges

Financial Supply Chain Management --> Cash and Liquidity Management --> Cash Management --> Structuring --> Manual Planning --> Define Number Ranges

I hope it helps!

Thanks & Reagrds,

Lakshmi S

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also, Please refer below link .

former_member183378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srikanth,

Please find the link for Cash Management.

http://www.google.co.in/url?url=http://help.sap.com/bp_bl604/BBLibrary/Documentation/160_BB_ConfigGu...

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshmi S