Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Issue with PFCG and Authorization

niteshgupta87
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a role (for BW Developer Display) created in BW7.4. In this role an object S_RS_PC is manually added with some field values. While object S_RS_THJT is not added at all. In PFCG Authorization data, everything seems proper. I can see provided authorization for S_RS_PC and no authorization for S_RS_THJT.

But when I check the profile of this role in SUIM or see the authorization in table UST12, I find completely strange thing. Object S_RS_PC shows fields and values of S_RS_THJT (see attached screenshot).
If I check in table AGR_1251, I see correct values for S_RS_PC but also see the values for S_RS_THJT.

Also when this role is assigned to users, they get below wrong authorization for S_RS_PC.

The change document shows that objects S_RS_PC and S_RS_THJT were added while creating the role. But then also shows that START_REPORT transaction deleted and reinserted S_RS_PC with same values on same day. There is no history of removing S_RS_THJT.

I removed the object S_RS_PC from the role and inserted it once again. It resolved the issue for S_RS_PC. But I could still see S_RS_THJT in AGR_1251 table. So I inserted S_RS_THJT manually. As soon as inserted it, I found below. Each field is repeated twice. Now I deleted this authorization and it resolved the issue. The object S_RS_THJT disappeared from AGR_1251 table.

My issue is resolved. But I want to understand how this happened and if there is any precaution I need to take care in PFCG. We don't want any more similar issue in future.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,

Nitesh Gupta

1 REPLY 1

niteshgupta87
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Below is the data after resolving the issue.