cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking an HU with different products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

we have pre-packed HUs for sets, which HUs are containing more products. When the delivery comes in, we want to ship the products in the HU they are already in.

Do you have any idea how to do that kind of picking?

Thanks,

Tamás Becker

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas

can you give some idea more in detail about your requirement , step by step . I thing your issue can be resolved by standard way.

what I understood is you have HU  which has A,B,C product ( what is st type you keep this HU?)

You receive D product and then u want to pack and ship.

Please let me know my understanding is correct or wrong.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suraj,

We can assume, that i have a delivery exactly with the products, that my hu has on an automatic storage type. Without physical picking, i already want to ship this HU. The prepacking has happened before the delivery was created. I dont wait for product D, and i dont want to pack any more.

THank you in advance,

TAmás

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas

If you want to pick prepack HU(pallet)  I hope you can store in pallet strategy and pick from same.

Now how it works store with ST type be,  Storage Behavior>> Pallet storage.....

and use Level of Available Quantity >> Highest-level HU

highest-level HU, then the HU is assigned to the warehouse task when it is created, and the warehouse operator would not have flexibility to specify a different HU during the stock removal. The available quantity should be set to the highest-level HU when the HU must be specified in the warehouse task, such as for staging areas, packing stations.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas

As you are saying sets...I assume materials & qty in set compare to set header stay the same always.Let me know otherwise. Also provide more details.

In such case this qualifies as Kit to stock scenario, as you say set prepacked in Bin. You can use EWM kit to stock process to manufacture Kit header. Sales should be created for kit header. WT will be created to pick kit header as it is from bin. Let me know your response. 

Best Regards

Phani sai MN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Thanks for your quick answer.

Kit to stock scenario does not work because inventory management needs the components, and after creating a kit to stock, we would only have a header. The other problem is, that at the store, from a set we want to make it possible to buy products one by one.

This time a set is just different products in an HU, which we want to pre-pack. The delivery will contain information about the set id, and the HU will have also a set id, so we can solve the problem with the HU-delivery assignment. My only problem is how the HU will move.

Best Regards,

Tamás

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas

So there are two requirements.

1 ) Pick strategy for determining correct HU based on set ID from delivery for all ODO line items.

2) To be able to pick complete HU selected for outbound delivery.

Requirement 1:-

As picking strategy is determined at WT line item...there is no standard way of achieving this(as per my knowledge). Can be achieved by implementing BADI for stock removal strategy.

Update HU number in any custom/unused field in ODO. In the enhancement for picking strategy, code to select quant from /SCWM/AQUA based on "HUIDENT" with HU number from ODO field. This will ensure all lines are picked from same HU.

Requirement 2:-

As you are picking multiple lines from mixed pallet...there will be as many items in WT. System perspective is partial picking. However all these partial picks can be picked into one picking HU. Means you will have new ship HU.

hope this comes close to your requirement ...if not perfect fit.

Best Regards

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

thank you for the explanation. The requirement 1 is clear for me, it is just the part of our process. what i want is, that I don't pick the items into a new hu, but i keep the old one. After my research, i only found that in the case, if i have one warehouse task (one product in the hu),and i take the complete quantity, than the system can automatically proposes destination hu from the source hu, and then with the picking wt the hu will also move. But thats not the case, i have a mixed hu, and i want to ship this one, i dont want to build a new pick hu. Is there any solution for that?

Thanks,

Tamás

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas

Nothing in standard to achieve this. However might be possible by custom program. Create a custom picking RF transaction. This T-code to scan of delivery number, Packing material for pick HU.     Inside source screen check for source SU, bin verification. Background program to use function modules for WT confirmation into to pick HU. Then run repacking function module to pack mat from pick HU to original HU.

Just a thought Try WT confirmation to pick HU& repacking into original HU manually..before proceeding with coding. Let me know if it works.

Best Regards

Phani sai MN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

thanks. we are checking this option too.

In the meantime I also made settings according to Suraj, unfortunately it doesnt work yet, but i keep trying.

Most probably we will need a development.

Best Regards,

Tamas