cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning List of Approvers to Workflow from BRFPlus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If we have a business requirement where in we need to send a list of approver user id's instead of single approver user id to a workflow through BRFPlus after execution of some rules.

How can we do that?

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Ashokkumar Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

We showed how to do this in Practical Workflow for SAP (3rd Edition) in the chapter on DSM and BRFPlus.  Essentially you just need to return a list of approvers in the usual actor (object type + object id ) format.

I find it easier to create the BRFPlus function first and then include it in the workflow task afterwards - just a suggestion.

Rgds,

Jocelyn

ttrapp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

I just read it in the workflow book and I have some questions about the data flow. When I create the BRFplus task I choose context and returning parameters from the workflow container. So my question is whether a data flow between workflow and task? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Best Regards,

Tobias

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Do you mean how does the binding work? Usually the binding between workflow and task is automatic based on same names anyway. So they are just reusing that approach to automatically bind data between the workflow and the BRFPlus function. The task is just a shell to enable that.

I actually prefer setting this up in the other direction - i.e. create your business rule first as a BRFPlus function, use the include function option, and then explicitly map it to your workflow container elements.  I always prefer explicit to implicit mapping... for the sake of clarity and understanding.

Hope that helps

Jocelyn

ttrapp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

yes, this was really helpful: if you include a task new elements of the workflow container are either created or a mapping is created with objects of the same name. In both cases the data flow from workflow to container will be generated.

My last question is: in your book you calculated the values of the structure SWHACTOR, mapped it to a container element &SWHACTOR& and used this in a later activity. Is this right?

Best Regards,

Tobias