cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open unvierse in WebI web client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Please advice if anyone else has encountered similar problem. I am trying to open universe in WebI web client from remote machine, when I am selecting any universe, i get the following error:

com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.preferences.InternalStoreSystemException: File /Users/petrkim/.businessobjects/preferences/applet/192.168.100.61_8080/mrulist/useddatasources.persistent no found

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.preferences.FSHelper.serializeObject(FSHelper.java:99)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.preferences.FSPreferences.write(FSPreferences.java:60)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.mru.MRUList.save2disk(MRUList.java:168)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.mru.MRUList.add(MRUList.java:107)

at com.sap.webi.ui.context.managers.DataManager.addToRecent(DataManager.java:3053)

at com.sap.webi.ui.context.managers.DataManager.addDataProviderFromDataSourceInfo(DataManager.java:494)

at com.sap.webi.ui.tasks.workflows.AddDataProviderUITask.doIt(AddDataProviderUITask.java:106)

at com.sap.webi.ui.tasks.workflows.AddDataProviderUITask.doIt(AddDataProviderUITask.java:19)

at com.sap.webi.toolkit.ui.tasks.WebITask$PrivateWorker.doInBackground(WebITask.java:348)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:296)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:335)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Users/petrkim/.businessobjects/preferences/applet/192.168.100.61_8080/mrulist/useddatasources.persistent (No such file or directory)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:221)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:110)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.preferences.FSHelper.serializeObject(FSHelper.java:94)

... 14 more

Seems something wrong with connectivity issues, because when I am logging from <localhost> everything woks just fine

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me clarify.

If you connect to Standalone mode, You will never connect to repository. (i.e.) You should have universe and Report together in your Local machine.

If you are connecting to repository(Enterprise,Windows AD,LDAP), Then you need to connect the repository copy of the Universe and Report.

As I already said in previous message, Whenever you export the universe, The physical .unv or .unx files will be moved to repository. as a result you cant open the report in Standalone mode. To overcome this try import the universe from repository and save it somewhere. Then try with standalone mode and repoint the report to refer local universe copy.

Hope you understand now.

Regards,