cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client copy between system of different OS / DB version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have an existing SAP landscape on HP-UX and Oracle 10g. As per the new requirement for re-implementation, we want to change the OS to Redhat Linux server and copy only the Master data to it through client copy.

Also, for the new installation we have planned to install Oracle 11g with Redhat.

For the above,  I have a few queries as below:

1. Can an Client Export with HP-UX operating system, imported to SAP System with Redhat OS

2. Can an Client Export the Oracle 10, imported to the SAP System with new version of Oracle i.e. Oracle 11g

Kindly suggest on the above concerns.

Regards,

Harikrishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma,

Did it work? Please provide solution.

Br

Serhat

former_member200876
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Harikrishna Sharma

as i understand you want t make Migration from OS to another , so you can export all the SAP system from old OS & import it in new OS .

we already migrate our SAP systems from Linux to Windows .

you can read this doc

BR
M. Ezzat

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

The SAP also states is that while the client transport will itself be successful technically, there is no guarantee of its logical success.

But some tables are missing in target system when you select the client copy profile SAP_ALL.

1235955 - Client Copy: Derivation rule tables are not copied

Regards,

V Srinivasan

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Client export / import should work across landscape having same SAP release and database vendor.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

1. Can an Client Export with HP-UX operating system, imported to SAP System with Redhat OS

Yes, client copy can be done between in a heterogeneous system landscape

Check the point 5 of the SAP note 552711 - FAQ: Client copy

2. Can an Client Export the Oracle 10, imported to the SAP System with new version of Oracle i.e. Oracle 11g

You need to make sure that the BASIS release and also SP/Add-on's level of the SAP systems are same. If I were you I would get migrate the existing system to RHEL/Oracle and then do a client copy based on the requirements.

TDMS is another solution.

Reagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

As far as client Export/Import is concerned. As long as your source and target SAP systems has same product version and software component patch levels the underlying OS/DB platform will not effect the export/import process.

That being said, perform a dry run on a test/sandbox system for unforeseen problems, before doing it productively.

Thanks

Amit

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hrikrishna,

You can give a try with client export and import. Your client copy will get imported with an warning in a analysis phase.

Beat Practice is a system copy as mentioned by Serhat Yuceant.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sharma,

according to the note 552711 - FAQ: Client copy (Question 5) , it's indicated clearly:

Q: Can I create client copies in a heterogeneous system landscape?

A: Remote copies or client transports can also be carried out between different database and operating systems.

The profile which you should use for the copy operation is another subject. You might have use system copy. Please see the differences between system copy and client copy.

Regards,

Serhat

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may read the client copy central note for this for when it's possible.

116787 - CC-TOPIC: Remote client copy

24853 - CC-INFO: Client copy, functionality

Regards,