Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Issue Table VICDCOND - REFX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need some advice!!!

We have a 2 select query on VICDCOND which should use index 6&9( provided by SAP), however they are not being used in select statement. Instead the DB goes for FULL TABLE SCAN.

Query 1

SELECT intreno FROM vicdcond APPENDING TABLE lt_intreno

WHERE objnrdistpara = id_objnr AND

conddelete    = abap_false.

Query 2

SELECT intreno objnr FROM vicdcond

INTO TABLE lt_cond_int

FOR ALL ENTRIES IN lt_hier

WHERE calcrule = lt_hier-calcruleext.

The above query goes for full table scan even though index exist for CALCRULE(Index 9) and for objnrdistpara & conddelete(Index 6).

We even for DB stats updated but even that didn't change the result. Please share your thought on next course of action.

Is anyone aware of performance issues related to REFX or table VICDCOND or any other SAP Notes that might help.

PS : Both the queries are part of standard code.

Thanks,

Chirantan

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chiratan,

if this is part of standard program, I think you should 1st check SAPNET OSS notes.

Also.

I dont know this table size on your systems. But "full scan" is not equal to "bad" .

Did you notice that these full scans are long ?  Or just trying to avoid full scans ? (because we all always read that "full scan" is bad).

How much time is spend on these SELECTs ?

S.N

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are performance notes for RE-FX and related BW extractors until 2014, so perform an OSS note for your system level.

NB: I agree with the Newbie, for standard program performance, always start with an OSS search.

Regards,

Raymond