Authorization in BEx variable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to ask if there is a possibility to solve my problem with
authorizations in BEx.

In transaction RSECADMIN I create new authorization with one
characteristics. I put two intervals into Value Authorizations. In User
individual assignment I insert the authorization to user.

In Query Designer I create new variable Processing by Authorization and in
Details variable represents interval. Checkbox Variable is ready for input is
uncheck.

In query result, data is show only for first interval values in RSECADMIN,
second inteval is not taken into account.

Any solution?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best way to achive what you want is to seperate the variable into 2 variable.

An authorization variable on the "Characteristic restrictions" side, which is not user input

and a user input variable on the "default values"  to restrict further.

So with this if you make no input.....then the authorized values will still always be shown rather that a failure.

Check if this document helps you: [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50921621-e285-2d10-3f92-8f3b86eeb...]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the document is quite helpfull, it is not the way I try to go, but I can use it if I not solve it using authorizations administrations in RSECADMIN.

The input variable usage is not good solution for us, because when the user choose value which is not authorised to him, no data will be show.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you have any resolution for contains pattern type of authorization?

for example I     CP    P*

Query result shows message  Authorizations missing for aggregation  (":")

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of eg. * use 0 - ZZZZ   <number of zeros and Z-s depends on length of given characteristic.

Leszek

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

aggregation authorization is :

for your original question - interval variables can only handle one intervall.

selection oprion variables can handle several intervals plus additional selections.

so when creating a non input auth variable, I would always use a selection option variable.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

Thanks, this solution is right, I do not try Selection option variable before...

I have another question, do you have any experience with customer exit variable?

I create customer exit variable as Single value variable and in report this value from customer exit is already filled when first screen with global variables appears.

I tried this with several single values, I create customer exit which takes several single values from DSO object into variable. But this values are not filled in variable when report starts (when I open variable list of values, there are only values from customer exit - this is correct). But I want to have this values filled, because this variable will not be ready for input. Now, when I do not select values from list of values, all values are show in report...

Is it possible to have predefined several single values in variable?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Martin Laurinec

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I am not sure that I understood what you want to do.

If you want to have a variable with a predefined list of values, you do not need to have an exit - this can be done with a standard characteristic value variable using default values.

I you need to have an exit variable to read data out of a dso it can be programmed, but I am not a programmer, so I can not help you with the code.

All I know is, that you define exit variables for certain steps. and it depends on this step, when the variable will be filled.

Search for step and variable in the SAP help, I think there was a good description about it.

And probably there are some threads here in SCN as well.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

I want to have a variable with a predefined list of values, but dependent on user who is running a report, so it can't be done with default values in variable.

I have DSO where is defined which user has access to which personal area. As I wrote before, I create customer exit variable, I defined customer exit in CMOD to select personal areas, which are associated to user in DSO (I used I_step = 1). The code is OK, because when I open the filter, there are only personal area values, which are associated to user which is running a report.

But I want to have these personal areas predefined (this variable will not be ready for input). I thought the parameter i_step = 1 secure this, but it is not working. Warning message initial range line for customer exit variable is ignored.

Do you have any idea where I did a mistake?

Thanks a lot.

BR

Martin

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

it sounds all right to me.

I I_Step 1 does not work you could try step 2 - should give the same result for a not input ready variable.

Otherwise I don´t know...

have also a look here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/1d/ca10d858c2e949ba4a152c44f8128a/content.htm

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

thanks for document, but unfortunately, no one from steps works...

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

I tried to set customer exit variable using your document as a help.

But at the end, all values are in the report, not only that which are associated to user in DSO.

Any idea where I did a mistake?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would try to create two separate authorizations, each for a different interval of values.

Then associate both with a role.

Regards, Leszek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I try this, I assign both authorization to user, but in result only first interval values was shown.