cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FormattedTextEdit cleared after user action

0 Kudos

The FormattedTextEdit is not visible anymore after a user action.

Like for EG when i run the program "WDR_TEST_TEXT_EDIT" The message above is cleared and is visible within the TextEdit box underneath after clicking the "Send to the Server"

But i want the FormattedTextEdit to keep showing its initial text.

This was no problem in the past but since an upgrade + using IE10 it got messed up.

Anyone has a solution regarding this issue?

The picture above is what i would like the formattedtext to react. But the message in the top box is always removed after "Send to the Server".

System:

SAP_BASIS 731   0005 SAPKB73105 SAP Basis Component

SAP_ABA 731      0005 SAPKA73105 Cross-Application Component

Regards,

Mich

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

By any chance, are you clearing text of formatted edit box after SEND TO SERVER action? Check out your code if anywhere you are updating attribute with empty value.

Regards,

Rama

0 Kudos

WDR_TEST_TEXT_EDIT is a standard program developed by SAP to give an example of the UI elements. --> So i did not change anything to this application.

As Christopher B. says the application is working fine in his Environment it is strange it reacts in a different way on our Environment after an upgrade.

Before the upgrade i used the FormattedTextEdit in my program and it was working fine.

After the upgrade the users find out their text vanishes after a user action. (The text is well saved within the database but the FormattedTextEdit never shows its data again). Even if i initialize a text it does not show up in the FormattedTextEdit but it shows up in the TextEdit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using this application "productive"? Maybe the code changed of this application, you have to look into it?

Does this happen with every FormattedTextEdit, also in other applications?????

0 Kudos

Yes it happens with every FormattedTextEdit. I have my own application (with a FormattedTextEdit) where the users found out.

I searched this WDR_TEST_TEXT_EDIT (everyone has this application on their system) to ask here on SDN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try it with other browser? Otherwise, seems to be a SAP bug.

Our Version:

SAP_BASIS SAPKB73113 0000

SAP_ABA     SAPKA73113 0000

0 Kudos

Tested it with IE10 and Chrome and because you have it working in IE10 i think its SAP aswell.

But i can't find any notes and i hoped someone picked this up.

I think for solving the problem i will change the FormattedTextEdit to a normal TextEdit field.
They rarely use the formatting functions so its no problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This application is working in my Environment with IE10. Could you please have a look if same Attribute is bound to "FORMATTED_TEXT_EDIT" and "TEXT"?