Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing Overtime with Compensatory Time off

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need some help in understanding a scenario, I would appreciate if you can help me with this.

I have a scenario at hand where I have to replace the generated overtime through with compensatory time off.

This decision is in the hands of the employee so I have created a time transfer type which has to be filled by the administrator through 2012 but the logic of how it can replace the generated OT, I am unable to get there as of yet; it would be a big help if you can guide me through this.

Regards,

Masroor Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Closed

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Provide the solution as well and mark it is correct answer so that we will understand that it is answered/closed.

Regards

Venkatesh

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The client's requirement was to delete the time events of that particular day when they enter the Compensatory leave hours in the infotype 2012, so I handled it through the time constraint classes and the reaction type in case of overlapping; I used the reaction type A in case there is a collision between the record of P2012 and P2011, so when they enter the number of hour in Infotype 2012 subtype Z003 (Compensatory Leave Hours) the system displays the collision and delete the time events of that particular day.

Then in the schema I copied TR20 and updated it as ZR 20 with the following logic

Z003

* hrs?12

HRS=1

ADDDBZ003

UPDTQA14

>

HRS=2

ADDDBZ003

UPDTQA14

It updates the quotas as per the logic above so it is working as per their requirement.

Though it is not the ideal solution but the client is happy and the work is done.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Masroor,

Once you have calculated the overtime hours, instead of generating a wage type, pass it to a time type which will act as base entitlement for your comp off quota.

You can use a comp off leave to reduce this quota.

I hope this helps.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,

If I pass it to a time type then I wont be able to remunerate the employee for the overtime performed.

It is like that the employee either opt for overtime or for the compensatory time off;

The process is that the overtime will be generated after the time evaluation run and if the employee opts for compensatory time off then those hours will be add through IT2012 which should replace the generated OT through time evaluation.

I had an option in mind kindly see if it can work;

If I make a copy of TR20 with operation P2012 in time schema with Overtime as Z001 time type and Z003 as CPL time balance

Z001 Overtime balance

ADDDBZ001  Add to day balance

ADDDBZ003  Add to day balance

UPDTQA14   Abs. Quota Accrual (14 is the Compensatory leave quota)

HRS*-1,00  Multiplication

ADDZLM2000 Add to ZL, IFTYP M

ADDDBZ003  Add to day balance

I am not sure of this logic though, if you can kindly help me with this; it would be a big help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Is it possible to be flexible for both the option such as OT calculation(No Comp off) and Comp. off (No OT payment)adjustment? On demand(Emp basis) how to make the system to understand for both the options..

It's a very interesting scenario.. Please put some light on this...

Santosh

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Masroor,

Sorry I got confused with what you have written above.

I would request you to please explain the requirements (only). We will look at solution based on requirement.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for the reply

Following is the complete scenario at hand

Client wants to get employees paid for the over time performed on the following basis:

For Supervisors and senior associates:

Overtime Performed on Normal day / Saturday

OT Factor : (Months/(Working days in a year * working hours in a day)) *2

OT Factor: (12/(261*8))*2 = 0.01107

OT Calculation: Gross * OT Factor * OT Hours

i.e., 10,000 * 0.01107 * 8 = 885.60 Rupees

Overtime Performed on Sunday / Govt. Holiday / Gazetted Holiday

OT Factor : (Months/(Working days in a year * working hours in a day)) *2

OT Factor: (12/(261*8))*2 = 0.01107

OT Calculation: Gross * OT Factor * OT Hours * 1.5

i.e., 10,000 * 0.01107 * (8 * 1.5) = 1328.40 Rupees

Now payment for half an hour will be deducted from that day and instead of 12 hours (i.e., 8*1.5) payment of 11.5 hours will be made in this case which amounts to 1273.05 PKR

For Executive cadres:

OT Payment = 125 * Number of hours

For Assistant Managers:

OT Payment = 175 * Number of hours

For Deputy Managers:

Payment for 8 hours = 1400 PKR

Payment for 4 hours = 700 PKR

Executives, Assistant Managers and Deputy Managers can opt for Compensatory Leave instead of OT;

If the employee wants to opt for compensatory leave instead of generated OT then System should replace the OT hours with the compensatory leave.

Compensatory Leave conditions are as follows:

Working on Rest Day / OFF Day (4 to 12 hours) = 1 leave

Working on Rest Day / OFF Day (12 hours or more) = 2 leaves

Regards

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case if you generate comp off What is the validity period for Comp off leaves.?

Regards

Venkatesh

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Compensatory leaves will be valid for 1 year

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Valid for one year is fine but how exactly assume that employee worked on 28.11.2014 and 29.11.2014 then what is the validity period i can understand that one year means 28.11.2014 - 28.11.2015 is validity for 29th comp off 29.11.2014 - 29.11.2015 since comp off is not similar to regular regular other leaves i hope so when ever employee works we have to give him comp off and it valid for certain period.

Give us right validity periods with one or two examples it is better to understand in a clear way what you are looking for.

Regards

Venkatesh

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

You are right about this, it will be valid for one year from the date of allocation.

Employee worked overtime on 28.11.2014 and 29.11.2014 and if he opted for Overtime remuneration instead of Compensatory time off then user wont have to do anything system calculate the overtime hours and the amount will be pooled in overtime wage type "2000" through addzlm2000; and in case employee opts for Compensatory leave then user will have to enter Compensatory time off day balance in IT2012 which will update the compensatory leave quota upon the execution of time evaluation and will be valid for one year from the day of allocation;

CPL = 28.11.2014

Valid till = 27.11.2015

CPL = 29.11.2014

Valid till = 28.11.2015

Regards,

Masroor Ahmed

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go with business process change any way Quota is getting updated by 2012 time type day balance i.e  Quota is created now bifurcate the requirement in to two parts

1) Employee can opt it as Over time to get the amount.

2)Employee can opt a Compensatory leave

Assume that employee worked on 28.11.2014 this you can generate quota with time evaluation it self no manual intervention is required with the help of 2012 any way now quota getting updated through 2012 fine.

2006 record is created like following

28.11.2014 27.11.2015    28.11.2014  27.11.2015 Number as "1"

Now employee can  opt Over time or Compensatory off

Scenario -1:

Utilize the 0416 where employee or admin create a record against to Over time i. he worked on 28 so 1 day over time he can enter the same in 0416 through 0416 we can pay him but impact is same 1 day worked and one day got paid as Over time through 0416.

Scenario -2

Utilize 2001 this is regular business process where he can avail his compensatory off against to compensatory quota once he avail it it reduces the quota balance.

Here we are generating as Quota but we are giving them provision to Opt Over time amount or Compensatory off that employee will take a decision and he will create a record or communicate to admins what he wanted.

I hope you understand choice is for employees but any one of them, they can go.

Regards

Venkatesh

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input Venkatesh,

The issue with this approach is that admin have to extensively use 0416 to compensate the employee which is not an acceptable approach by the business unfortunately.

As most of the employees opt for the overtime, so that why I am generating overtime through the PCRs for different groups. The only stuck point here is that I want to replace the OT hours when a record is created in IT2012.

Another approach which client is willing to take regardless of how reckless it is that when the record is entered in 2012 it will replace the time in time out entries in IT2011; that can be done through either the dynamic action or through the time constraint class collision.

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Give me one clarity assume that employee worked 28.11.2014 9 hours and now who will decide that either Over time amount has to be paid to the employee or employee has to avail as compensatory leave Management or employee is there any priority order saying that "employee has to use this one only first".?

Regards

Venkatesh

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Their payroll cycle is from 21st to 20th of every month, so on 18th a report is generated with the overtime hours performed by the employee; for every 4 to 12 hours worked on a weekly rest day / public holiday employee can either opt to take the overtime or he can ask the management to give him the 1 compensatory leave or if he works more than 12 hours on a weekly rest day / public holiday he can get 2 compensatory leaves.

This decision is in the hands of the employee that whether he wants to get the remuneration or compensatory leave for the overtime performed on a weekly rest day / public holiday. This he will mention on the overtime report when it is taken to him for a sign off, and on the basis of what he wants time administrator would either enter the compensatory leave in 2012 which will update the quota upon time evaluation or leave the generated OT as it is.

60% out of 1000 employees opt for overtime remuneration and rest go for compensatory leave.

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Masoor,

As you said decision maker is employee and he is entering the information in report which is saying that either he is going to opt Compensatory leave or Over time remuneration.

Here question is if employee is going to opt Compensatory leave then what will you do to stop the payment of Over time.?

If employee is opted for remuneration where you are maintaining the data since some where you have to feed the data (No of OT Hours) to calculate over time remuneration how it is happening.?

Regards

Venkatesh

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

Employee is not entering any information on a system report; report is extracted from the system and employee signatures are taken on the printed copy of it; The administrator updates the record not the employee himself.

To stop the payment of the overtime, that is my question as well brother that how to get the generated OT replaced by the compensatory leave so that the employee wont get remunerated and get the leave instead.

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not get confused and do not confuse me what will we do with signature of employee we need information either he is going to opt for Remuneration or Comp off so that we have to maintain a record.

As communicated earlier you said that once information is come to admin he/she will enter data if it is compensatory off leave details in 2012 and in 2001 as absence record why can not they create a record for remuneration details.

Since you can not write a program even to handle it why  because decision is up to employee what logic you will code it in the program.

how the system works explain to business process owner this is a lengthy process generate OT hours get the information from employee and generate quota for them only and again how to stop OT hours how a program will come to know that whom will opt OT or Comp off Leave.

Other wise do another thing the OT hours calculate and store in a time type do not loop that to payroll calculations once you get the information from employees create a record for 0015 as well with number of OT Hours and then Pay him accordingly.

At least they are using any application to get the information from employees we can write a BAPI based on the employees decision which is holding data as well.

so that we can push data to respective info type with no manual intervention but it is a PDF copy better try to utilize 0416, 2001,2006.

Regards

Venkatesh

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

I will try to state my requirement again, I just want to replace the day balance of OT (Z001) with the day balance of Z003 if the value is entered in IT2012. Can this be done?

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the operation HRS=DZ003

ADDDBZ001Z

Regards

Venkatesh

former_member193652
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Masroor,

How you are separating EEs? Do you have put them into two groups? One would get paid for OT and another would receive Time-off?

If you have two groups you should use V_T559P to convert OT time type to another time type or a wage type or even both. I mean pay part of OT and put the rest into a time type to generate time-off.

Then based on new time type you can trigger a quota generation rule in V_T559L. And your wage type will be transfer into payroll.

Regards,

Omid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masroor,

The logic will be as such

Through PCR you can fetch the OT hrs in a time type on monthly basis and pass this to a  transfer Time type(Comp off). Use the comp off time type in Base entitlement rule which will be used to generate the Comp off quota.

You ve to map a Abs. quota such as Comp. off.

Thanks,

Santosh

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I am doing the similar thing,

Calculating the OT hours through a PCR and pooling the hours in a time type Z001

Then I have created a time type Z003 for the compensatory leave which on the basis of the value will be updating the quota.

being said that the question is how to replace the generated OT with the the value of 2012