cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show empty groups in Crystal Reports?

samratmuddasani
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have create a crystal report on only one table. I have grouped one column and tried to run with prompt. Now I'm I'm unable to get the empty group names, something which is exactly like this which I have got from .

Groups only exist is there are details for the groups

lets say your groups are

A,B,C,D

and your data is

A,123

A,3456

B,555

D,2345

D,93484

then there is no Group C

so you are looking for

A

B

C

<blank>

D

I've tried and failed to develop the report with the solution given in the above thread. Could someone help me in working in this issue.?

Thank a lot in advance...

Samrat Muddasani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samrat,

CR does not group on missing data, unfortunately.

Here's a workaround:

1) Create a look-up table in the database that has all the column values (A, B, C, D)

2) If you don't have access to the database to create tables, you can also create a lookup table in Excel and join it in the report to the existing table however, such a configuration will significantly slow down the report.

3) With a Lookup table that contains a column with all the values, you can Join it to the existing table (Left Outer Join) on the same column.

Now, in the report, wherever you use the column that has values A, B, D from the existing table change it to use the field from the Lookup table. This includes Groups, Record Selection formula etc.

A Left Join makes sure that all records are received by the report.

Another workaround is in the post here

-Abhilash

Answers (0)