Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase timeout for a SOAP channel

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All PI Experts,

There is a requirement wherein a sender sends a request message asking for details of all Vendors. To facilitate this, the request message will be sending value * (Star) and upon receiving this, ERP will start processing. Since, just for preparing data for this, it takes much time, by the time it could even forward this data to PI, the message gets into error status saying socket connection timeout.

So, I implemented Channel specific timeout by including CallSapAdapter, a JavaBean Module with giving parameter syncTimeout value of 600000 (10 minutes). But even then, I'm facing the same error. The connection timeout happens after 60 seconds.

If you know of any other way of implementing this kindly let me know. I have also provided a screenshot below showing how I have implemented this.

This is very urgent. So, kindly provide your valuable feedback to this issue. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Ajeya G V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeya,

Sometimes the timeout is in the client application that calls PI or if the client has http server like Apache the timeout can be there as well.

Regards.

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Inaki,

The sender is an Oracle Serial Bus. How do we ask them to change that ? Do I need to give them any specific set of instructions ? First, how to confirm this ?

Thanks,

Ajeya G V

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeya,

If im right Oracle Serial Bus uses a SOAP or it generates the communication code via WSDL. You can use the SOAPui program and to try to emulate the call with a large payload, in this way you have the conviction if the timeout is from the client,  PI or from the target, if all is right you can call the client to find out if his system has any timeout, if you have a timeout you should continue with them problem but you will know that the timeout can be in the PI environment or target environment..

Regards,

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Inaki,

Thanks for the advice. It worked to an extent.

The problem is the receiver(ERP) is generating a huge payload and once it is sent to ERP, the mapping is taking too much of time. Because, even though I increased the timeout to 10 mins, I'm still getting timeout error.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks,

Ajeya G V

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeya,

have you checked the keep-alive parameter value?

cheers,

Edu

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Edu,

What is keep-alive parameter ? Where do we find that ? How to make the changes ?

Thanks,

Ajeya G V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeya,

at the ICM parameters, ask your basis team.

Cheers,

Edu

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeya,

You can check below threads.

1621719 - Timeout parameters in SOAP Sender/Receiver Adapter

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/d9/8b5380972c403385c39295c66c2c85/content.htm

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1977641

Regards,

V Srinivasan

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivasan,

Thanks for the advice.

Actually the first link you have specified, that's what I have done. Even though I have performed those steps. It did not work. The 2nd link, is pertaining to a different issue.

Thanks,

Ajeya G V