Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while activating the BSEG table

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys ,

today i joined SAP SCN . I have this error

First i appended a structure of 5 fields in BSEG table .Then i tried to delete this append structure.

But while deletiing it took nearly 20-25 minutes to process and timed out.So the structure is deleted

from BSEG table but those 5 fields are still present in view V_QCMBSEG .Because of this BSEG table

is now partially active .what should i do other than access key .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

welcome to SCN.

How did you append structure in BSEG without access key, if you had appended you must have done it will access key as it is a standard table.

secondly, the time out error is because BSEG is a cluster table, and the data volume in Bseg is very large as all the accounting document from various module is stored in this table, hence while deleting it system will check each line item wise before activating the table.

Now the workaround is to check with your basis team to increase the memory index so that time out dump is eradicted and BSG becomes Active.

Best practice: Don't append structure to standard table unless it is very crucial. if you are doing it for some report, kindly do a table join ( BSEG cannot be used as it is a cluster), you will get the same data in various secondary index table, by doing this the performance of the report will be better.

Regards,

M S Lokesh