cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Inventory difference Quantity (999) to Storage location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to move the Inventory difference (999) quantity to separate storage location,So tat i can post this difference end of the month.Is there any possibility to do this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So do you want to do it automatically ? Why you can't just use 311 movement type to post the difference quantity from production storage location to another separate storage location ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patra,

Thanks for your quick response,We are using Inventory Difference with 999 storage type only,So i want to move those any storage location automatically or if not possible manually.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From my point of view is this a wrong concept. What do you actually gain from this process?

Is it just the hope that you may find the stock in another bin before month end is coming?

The stock is still there and has a bad influence on ATP check and batch determination.

Further you get even transfer requirements or PCNs  in WM for something that is not there, which confuses the people even more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for your reply,My requirement is i want to do the cycle count,after counting i don't want to post the difference through LI21,I want to maintain the inventory difference quantity (i.e 999) in any storage location.I have used MB1B tcode  using 311 movement type,in that i have given Receiving Sloc ,after  doing this in LX02,entry added with 921 storage type.So is there any possibility to do this?

Thanks

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

311 is IM movement so you have to perform the subsequent action in WM what is the movement type setting for 311 in WM. Please share the Material document screenshot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Whatever you sail is correct,for 311 subsequent movement type in WM is 921.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As requested earlier please share the material document detail and also check the detail of Movement type 921 under below node what is the destination storage type mentioned there (if possible please share the screen)

LE----WM----Activities -----Transfer Requirement ----Define Movement type

Former Member
0 Kudos

921 movement type is for sloc to sloc transfer,destination storage type is 999.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what actually are you looking, initially you mentioned that you want to transfer the stock to another storage location after LI20 and you don't want to perfrom LI21, Pros and cons of the same is highlighted by Jurgen then you mentioned that you are able to do 311 but stock is getting updated in 921 for which i asked you to check the mapping and destination storage type for WM movement.

What is your basic requirement ? What do you expect from SCN team ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Apologize for the misunderstanding,I have transfer the stock from sloc to sloc with 311 movement type using MB1B,It will not updated in 921,it will create new entry with 921.Now i got it what you have told.Thanks.