cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAIN_NEWBAS/TABIM_POST_CLONE phasing long time in Execution phase of EHP6 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Here i am performing EHP6 upgrade with following details:

SAP Ecc 6.0 SR3 on Oracle 11.2.0.4.0 with Kernel 721,

Everything going smoothly until (5.6 state in SUM) Execution phase, but in this phase   MAIN_NEWBAS/TABIM_POST_CLONE step is taking long time means i am monitoring this state since 30 hours.

I am observing that the log is getting updated time to time at usr/sap/<sid>/SUM/abap/log

Please help me out if any 1 faced this kind of situation...

Note: Find the screen shot attached...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi HSK,

You can try this Note:  1420290 and also update the kernel patch level.

refer below scn thread.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

please check if note #2008474 (TABIM_POST_CLONE phase takes long time) is valid in your case.

Please also share OS and DB release.

Please also check if this is a space issue. Maybe there is no more space left on device or DB is full or something like that.

Cheers,
Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Andreas,

As per your suggestion i have gone through the NOTE.

1) The symptoms are not matched to my system present status and everything going on fine in SM50 (WP all are waiting state)

2) There is No space issue in the Drive.

3) OS: Win2008R2  DB: Oracle 11.2.0.4

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

oooh ... Windows on Oracle ...

Would you please check the Oracle parameter "_use_zero_copy_io"? It should be set to 'false'. Otherwise it can cause hanging situations. Maybe the current value is 'DEFAULT'.

Please set it to 'FALSE' and reboot the system. Finally the import should continue.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

When was the last time the logs were updated in the <Drive>:\<Upgrade_Directory>\abap\tmp and in <Drive>:\<Upgrade_Directory>\abap\log directories?

As you have a Windows/Oracle system then check the SAP note 1738989 - Upgrade/Support Package import hang due to INACTIVE wait event "SQL*Net break/reset client...

If you are hitting the bug then set the parameter as suggested and restart the system.

Reagan

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi HSKA,

As long as you log are getting updated, its better to wait for process to get completed. Check the process overview file and share us the total time taken for pre-processing.

regards

Kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik Natarajan,

Thanks for your quick reply

But unfortunately i am unable to find the process overview log .

So can you help me where the location that would be very help ful....

I searched in following location but unable to find Process Overview.html in this location.

<SUM>/sdt/htdoc/

Cheers

HSK