Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM what next ?

sensap23
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus / Experts,

I'm currently playing role as SAP CRM functional consultant over the period,now I want to move to other SAP module to expand my knowledge and also to explore new areas which keeps everyone moving ahead.

Please can any one of you people - throw some light or suggest me a good module which will be an opt for me gets started.

Thank you!!!

Regards,

SAPIENT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The previous advice is great, but I always find these questions somewhat disturbing since that real answer should always be based on your interests instead of just pursuing what is "hot".  I'm not saying you should go next into technologies that are obsolete or becoming obsolete, but you really need to pause and think what type of work do you like to do.

As a better example from my experience, I like working with sales/marketing/master data related problems.  Although Icould learn and pick up a new module such as procurement, it doesn't fit my personal interest in the type of work/problems I like to solve.  You need to look the type of work that both challenges, but yet has the best chance for you to succeed.  It's okay for the next path to "stretch/grow" your skill level, but leaping directly into area where you have no related skills is not a good path forward.

That being said your question is a really hard one to answer for all of us .

9 REPLIES 9

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Could i know the below, so that we could help you better!!

How long you been into CRM ?

Which all are Verticals you have worked ?

Which all are roles you played ?

Did you worked on  implementation, Roll out, support ,integration projects?

0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

I been in to this SAP CRM some 5 + years.

All Sales,service,marketing and WEB UI.

CONSULTANT.

Implementation,roll out and support projects

Please give me your valuable comments...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAPIENT,

I am also SAP CRM consultant, although on the technical side. I think SAP CRM is pretty fine. You could check Cloud for Customer (C4C) and Fiori as well as these are new developments. Otherwise ECC SD (I regard it as more old-fashionned), BW/BI and HANA are neighbouring components which I have checked by myself and where you can archive synergy-effects with your CRM knowledge. If you master these areas you should be pretty fine for the next years. I think it is not easy to be an expert in more components. It would be more interesting to move into project management or - in my case - solution architecture if you like that. I also had a manager of the CRM-team once who went into sales/presales as it seemed that these positions sometimes pay more but have different challenges than consulting.

I have also created two similar discussions which might be of interest to you:

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner

0 Kudos

Hello SAPIENT,

Of course Johannes is right that you should also ask yourself which components interest you as you will be much more successful in an area if you are fully motivated.

In case you are interested in new topics then open.sap.com will provide you with free online trainings in several new areas. That might be a good introduction to some topics if training budgets are scarce (as they mostly seem to be). You can even get some certificates there and there is a whole topic about opensap in SCN.

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you so much for your valuable comments / insight.

Also read your discussions which was too informative and helpful in taking any steps further in SAP career.

All the best!!!

Regards,

SAPIENT

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The previous advice is great, but I always find these questions somewhat disturbing since that real answer should always be based on your interests instead of just pursuing what is "hot".  I'm not saying you should go next into technologies that are obsolete or becoming obsolete, but you really need to pause and think what type of work do you like to do.

As a better example from my experience, I like working with sales/marketing/master data related problems.  Although Icould learn and pick up a new module such as procurement, it doesn't fit my personal interest in the type of work/problems I like to solve.  You need to look the type of work that both challenges, but yet has the best chance for you to succeed.  It's okay for the next path to "stretch/grow" your skill level, but leaping directly into area where you have no related skills is not a good path forward.

That being said your question is a really hard one to answer for all of us .

0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Very true like you said it is only "YOU" going to be part of this shift.

So it is well said,will think and take a decision after all we have n number of options to lift.

Thank you!!!

Regards,

Sapient

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Lot of stuff is there in SAP CRM to learn, if you are really interested. You can learn E- Commerce, Partner Channel management and Interaction Center Interface. And also SAP CRM CLOUD is there.

Regards

Kishor Kumar.

0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions...will  do further R/D on this to take this further.

Regards,

Sapient.