cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xuser fatal error when trying to create an entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am upgrading to Content Server 6.50 on MaxDB 7.9. This has required a new installation on Windows 2012 with a restore of the SDB database from the 6.40 MaxDB 7.5 system. The URL's have successfully tested, however the OAC0 and CSADMIN transactions are not connecting and require a user and a password.

I have read through message and found that there is no registry entry "USER" under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAP DBtech

The error I receive is "FATAL: Close xuser entry failed: could not write USER data [1307]"

If I need to manually create the USER registry key, please could some one either provide me with the details or point me in the direction of where I might find them. I am not permitted to action them due to company policy so do need specifics so I can raise a call to have a windows engineer create it for me.

Many thanks.

Maria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maria,
the contentserver did not use XUser.

The logon data has to be stored stored via CSADMIN in cs.conf or the secure store.

Kind regards;

Burkhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Burkhard,

The transactions are being executed on an R/3 ERP unix based instance while the Content server is located on it's own windows server. I have tried both user control and superdba to connect via the connection configuration transactions on R/3 and get an unauthorized 401 error. This is how I have arrived at the xuser information, which was not required in our earlier versions of MaxDB/Content server.

Regards Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maria,

did you mean, you have integrated the content server db into the DBACOCKPIT for monitoring?

Only for this intgegration you need superdba and control user. For the content server repositories in the database the SAPR3 user is used.

What did you get when enter belows URL

http://<host>:<port>/ContentServer/ContentServer.dll?serverInfo

Burkhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Burkhardt,

I am trying to set up the repository connections.

Response from URL is:

serverType="SAP HTTP Content Server";serverVendorId="Copyright SAP AG, All rights reserved 1998, 2001";serverPatch="0";serverStatus="running";serverStatusDescription="";serverDate="2014-11-28";serverTime="12:31:17";startUpDate="2014-11-27";startUpTime="16:40:23";lastAccessDate="2014-11-28";lastAccessTime="12:30:31";

Many thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Burkhard,

I have done some digging in old documentation and it look like I need to add annonymous authentication to Directory Security. However, the naming conventions and controls are all changed/different in IIS version 8.5.

Please could you advise as to what documentation I should be looking at. I have already applied the SAP notes for the missing IIS roles and we have modified the local windows firewall to allow access on ports 1095 and 1090 for the domain, so there are no restrictions there.

Many thanks Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maria,

I do not know any documentation since I am not IIS expert. I would only like to answer your Xuser question and the connectivity from IIS to MaxDB where ODBC is used.

Hope some other of the forum could help you.

Sorry

Burkhard